• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    WBAL has released a poll on O Malley, visit the site and cast your vote and log your comments. Right now, he has a failing grade "(E)" with 43% of the votes.

http://wbal.com/shows/smith/

View Results

It has been five months (Janaury 17th) since Martin O'Malley took the oath to become Maryland's next governor. What grade would you give O'Malley through his first five months? And why?

A.
    B.
    C.
    D.
    E.
    Incomplete.
    Your Comments:

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    "He can do less damage to the state than he did to Baltimore, I'd rather see him there, but I sure as hell didn't vote for him."

-VERY left wing democrat Baltimore native I know.

In fact everyone I know from Baltimore regardless of party hates him.

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    done....

F------- :mad54:

He couldn't cut it as Mayor of Baltimore and he can't cut it as Gov. of Maryland. It's about the next step up the Political ladder, not the people he's suppose to SERVE (note here.... serve NOT DICTATE !)

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I still don't understand his veto... how is making money selling used equipment to a federally licensed manufacturer related to gun crime in the least?

are you trying to bankrupt this state?

Also, a tuition freeze is a good idea in theory, but costs of running a school are rising and your freeze has put staff (not administration not suprisingly) raises on the chopping block.

I've worked on campus for 5 years... 2 of them there was a freeze on "non-exempt" employee raises... we finally got them back and you pull this.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Like every other elitist ass, he could care less what we serfs think.

drott

Apr 18, 2007
    Actually if you read the "incomplete" comments, virtually every one of them are negative, and most strongly negative at that. And if you define everything from the D, E and incomplete categories as a "disapprove" vote (a "D" certainly doesn't show approval), Omalley has a negative rating of 80%. And this guy's only been in office for a couple of months. Hmm, maybe there's hope yet?? And I went to Maryland public schools, we didn't use an "E" grading system, anything below a D was an F, plain and simple. The E grade is something PC libs made up to keep from being graded a stark failure (even if you justly deserved it). Looks like WBAL is trying to structure this poll so that Omalley can't simply be given the grade he deserves: F, and an F minus at that.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Also, a tuition freeze is a good idea in theory, but costs of running a school are rising and your freeze has put staff (not administration not suprisingly) raises on the chopping block.

I've worked on campus for 5 years... 2 of them there was a freeze on "non-exempt" employee raises... we finally got them back and you pull this.

The WASTE on campus is sickening. "Professors" going to places like China to investigate to see if it would make a good field trip. (and some how their families go out of pocket, HA) Australia to give a speech on Catholics and sex, refusing to submit receipts for the liquor they didn't consume.......no BS happens ALL the time at Salisbury since my wife was an accountant there and her complaints fell on deaf ears. :mad54:
    We won't even get into the petty cash theft. Seems all non profits are riddled with fraud.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    My department doesn't seem that bad, but what administrators make is absurd, everyone on campus' salery is public information, looking it up is sobering.

I need to finish my degree so I can get my hands on some of that phat cash, as of now I'm being exploited just like the secretaries... at least my job is far less expendable.

Edit: I'll admit some of the Grant money profs get goes into nutball projects that never hash out... but the money was given to them by outside people specifically for said nutball projects.

Last edited:

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    My department doesn't seem that bad, but what administrators make is absurd, everyone on campus' salery is public information, looking it up is sobering.

I need to finish my degree so I can get my hands on some of that phat cash, as of now I'm being exploited just like the secretaries... at least my job is far less expendable.

MOM doesn't look too popular.....something must stink in Camelot

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    "I honestly can't understand the logic behind any of his decisions ,such as his latest veto. Maryland is in a crisis and after O'Malley's record in Baltimore, why would anyone think he would be fit to run the state? We were in a state budget surplus, and 5 months in, we face a huge deficit. Truly, we will get what we deserve..."

I liked this one...
    I would give him a "Shit minus" as the illegal population continues to increase and he keeps kissing their asses.

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    He meant the link to the poll itself. Clicking on the link shows that you came from these forums which makes some people discount the validity of the poll.

BusDriver

Livin the hillbilly dream
    Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    I give him a B for BOHICA ....Bend over here it comes again !

Attachments

• bohica.jpg
      bohica.jpg
      28.4 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads