• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    Gee, and to think I took all my piercings out.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

I've known a few Vagina's that would qualify as "Assault Vagina's"....don't forget the "Assault Ta Ta's" that have been known to randomly lash out at mens faces and cause black eyes that have caused much mental anguish amongst men of all ages.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I've known a few Vagina's that would qualify as "Assault Vagina's"....don't forget the "Assault Ta Ta's" that have been known to randomly lash out at mens faces and cause black eyes that have caused much mental anguish amongst men of all ages.

Also don't forget the Saturday Night Special Vaginas that are so cheap that anyone on the streets can afford one.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    i agree, but i don't think it will ever happen. I hope I'm wrong.

I think the best solution would be a national sales tax on everything except groceries. I leave groceries out so that the poor would not be hampered by unnecessary cost to feed them selfs and their family.

The problem with that is there would need to be a 30% sales tax or more on everything in order to get the same revenue. That would be a visible cost on everything you buy.

In the current situation people never see the money and it makes it easier for our money to be wasted.

Not only that but if we got rid of income taxes for another system, the irs wouldn't need to be near as big. I dont see that happening even though it would be for the better.

All of the quotes I've heard for a flat tax put the figure much lower than 30%. That is because once everyone pays something then the burden gets spread across more people. Add to that that you then no longer pay for an artificial army of service providers that exist solely because of the convoluted tax code. No more IRS. You would only need a small percentage of the people now to monitor compliance. No HR Block. No tax attorneys. No Turbo Tax. No wasted forests being converted to tax forms and instructions.

Okay, so now someone says "Well now those people are un-employed. What will they do?". Answer: Something that actually produces wealth hopefully rather than creating an artificial un-value-added surcharge.

BusDriver

Livin the hillbilly dream
    Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    So folks whats the solution? Seriously We can joke and poke fun but I don't see a solution to any of this . Why ? Because the majority of the citizens in the country don't have the political will to change or don't care or want the government to solve all their problems . There are some college students ,teachers and LEO'S on this board. You are all smart people . So what's your solution ? You can't legislate morality , common sense or good judgment . Let's hear it .

drott

Apr 18, 2007
    Bus Driver: being a teacher, student or LEO doesn't lend special qualification on the matter of "what to do?" What it boils down to are two choices:

1. Obey the law. But organize, communicate and doggedly work within our existing democratic system to make the changes you want to happen. But don't expect to get everything you want, because by definition that will never happen within a true democracy.

2. Take arms and revolt against the government, refuse to accept or recognize its power and refuse to pay taxes to it. But be prepared to die or be imprisoned, and be prepared to lose everything that is precious to you; including your home and family. And hope like hell that those fighting by your side will be of sufficient numbers and won't fracture into smaller competing subgroups as battles are won and lost. And pray that whatever form of goverment emerges in the aftermath is better than what we have now. The risk of a king or dictator emerging out of any armed revolution is a strong possibility that must be reckoned with.

After witnessing what has happened elsewhere in the world in the last 230 years, it never ceases to amaze me that the founding fathers were as successful as they were in establishing a true democracy in the manner they did. It makes me very skeptical if anything like that could ever happen today based on the ever growing sense of governmental dependency and entitlement within our society. Those old "corny" platitudes about liberty, freedom and justice that inspired the revolutionaries to fight and die...how many ordinary Americans would truly understand what these concepts even mean today, much less be willing to actually die for them? I fear precious few. We've just grown too soft. WWII was more than 60 years ago, the depression more than 70 years ago. There aren't many left in our society who have known true hardship in their lives. Nor would be willing to exchange their easy lives for one of hardship and sacrifice with an unknown and unforeseeable outcome (with the exception of our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan). And I include myself in that weak and soft category - my belly has always been full, I've always had color television.

Anyway, I doubt any revolutions will be springing up anytime soon. :) But it does seem clear that one way or another, we'll be entering in to a new era in American government in the years to come. One where the citizen is the child, and the government is the parent.

BusDriver

Livin the hillbilly dream
    Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    Bus Driver: being a teacher, student or LEO doesn't lend special qualification on the matter of "what to do?" What it boils down to are two choices:

1. Obey the law. But organize, communicate and doggedly work within our existing democratic system to make the changes you want to happen. But don't expect to get everything you want, because by definition that will never happen within a true democracy.

2. Take arms and revolt against the government, refuse to accept or recognize its power and refuse to pay taxes to it. But be prepared to die or be imprisoned, and be prepared to lose everything that is precious to you; including your home and family. And hope like hell that those fighting by your side will be of sufficient numbers and won't fracture into smaller competing subgroups as battles are won and lost. And pray that whatever form of goverment emerges in the aftermath is better than what we have now. The risk of a king or dictator emerging out of any armed revolution is a strong possibility that must be reckoned with.

After witnessing what has happened elsewhere in the world in the last 230 years, it never ceases to amaze me that the founding fathers were as successful as they were in establishing a true democracy in the manner they did. It makes me very skeptical if anything like that could ever happen today based on the ever growing sense of governmental dependency and entitlement within our society. Those old "corny" platitudes about liberty, freedom and justice that inspired the revolutionaries to fight and die...how many ordinary Americans would truly understand what these concepts even mean today, much less be willing to actually die for them? I fear precious few. We've just grown too soft. WWII was more than 60 years ago, the depression more than 70 years ago. There aren't many left in our society who have known true hardship in their lives. Nor would be willing to exchange their easy lives for one of hardship and sacrifice with an unknown and unforeseeable outcome (with the exception of our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan). And I include myself in that weak and soft category - my belly has always been full, I've always had color television.

Anyway, I doubt any revolutions will be springing up anytime soon. :) But it does seem clear that one way or another, we'll be entering in to a new era in American government in the years to come. One where the citizen is the child, and the government is the parent.

My idea is to provoke thought .;) The WWII generation raised the current one now in power .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom