• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    I have no clue what it would be called other than 2A advocacy day, but I will leave that up to those planning anything.

Probably shouldn't go with "just another manic Monday"?

Decide if you want calm sensible taxpayers trying to change your legislators minds (which doesn't seem to be working) or in-your-face, "hey look at us" Merry Pranksters. Think "code pink". Maybe two different groups so that you have plausible deniability when the sane guys later meet with the legislators.

I've often thought that ABATE of Maryland did a good job of establishing a presence in Annapolis back in the day. Of course, it's easier to legally look like a biker than to legally look like a gun nut, but on days ABATE flooded the capitol everybody knew the bikers were present and everybody knew there were a lot of us.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Well part of the purpose was/is to show that there is no one "look" of a gun owner. They might be the black man in a suit, the young lady in yoga pants, the old man walking down the street, the young man in urban attire writing rap lyrics. Many looks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just another manic Monday?

Decide if you want calm sensible taxpayers trying to change your legislators minds (which doesn't seem to be working) or in-your-face, hey look at us Merry Pranksters. Think "code pink". Maybe two different groups so that you have plausible deniability when the sane guys later meet with the legislators.

I thought ABATE of Maryland did a good job of establishing a presence in Annapolis back in the day. Of course, it's easier to legally look like a biker than to legally look like a gun nut, but on days ABATE flooded the capitol everybody knew the bikers were present and everybody knew there were a lot of us.

As I have mentioned many times...

The polite but firm approach has shown benefit in making and preserving relationships in the GA. Thousands of respectable and respectful people in the buildings is impressive, regardless of the cause.

The rallying of the voting public (traditional and DiNO) was pretty successful for a first go in 2014. Seats were changed, vulnerabilities exposed, and there is still upside there, too.

The public presentation program (Patriot Picket/Rack Pack) is garnering attention, and has helped get people talking, if nothing else. Plus, it's facile and configurable.

There is no wrong approach, as long as it's non-violent and positive-minded.

As for the name?

2A Tuesday was chosen for not only the alliterative appeal, but it also had a specific reference to purpose and timeliness. Personally, I'd love to see a 2AT SOMETHING in the first week of every month, but the backing just hasn't been there, and I've since handed my role off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom