• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The trick is to space them out about a month or so apart, that way you will have a new toy a month in about a year..... I have forgotten about some and when I got the call, I had to look them up in my records. That is a problem I do not mind. I THINK, I have 2 or 3 in jail now.
    The first couple are the hardest wait. Just forget about them for a while...

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    The trick is to space them out about a month or so apart, that way you will have a new toy a month in about a year..... I have forgotten about some and when I got the call, I had to look them up in my records. That is a problem I do not mind. I THINK, I have 2 or 3 in jail now.
    The first couple are the hardest wait. Just forget about them for a while...

Yeah that will be tough. I want the damn thing now. By the time I finally get it I will have to convince myself that I still want it. I’m sure I will. Can’t wait.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I ordered the Q El Camino. Great reviews everywhere and lightweight. Titanium and Stainless.

From what I see on this thread there are a lot of members with damn near every make and model of suppressor and everyone is happy.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    AAC Element as well, actually had to send it in for repair a week after I got it due to the adapter that came with my M&P must have been cross threaded which when using the small wrench to remove the adapter from the silencer , unscrewed the end cap, but only half way, and then couldn't move the end cap back into place no matter how hard I tried. Sent it in with a pre-paid fed-ex label and had it back less than a week later, pretty sure it's a brand new one as well. Hard to beat that customer service. Have a new adapter on the M&P now as well, tossed the old.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i got the dead air sandman to go on both a cz452 and ruger 10/22. actually got my stamp a few months back and picked it up but have only maybe 50 rounds thru it, and none of that subsonic yet. i didn't do a ton of research but this got good reviews. i have a few of the 10 round mags (cz) loaded up with subsonics so need to give them a try. the full strength ammo was quiet enough to not need muffs, but it def wasn't 'silent.'

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It would probably be easier to list ones that are NOT GOOD.

Most are fine.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I am looking for experience and recommendations for my first rimfire suppressor. I have been shopping around on Silencer shop and would like to buy from them. Anyone have any suggestions? My plan is to use the suppressor on my Ruger Mark IV 22/45, and have my Savage 93G threaded. I'm sure I will add more to the mix once I have the can. The only stipulation is that it needs to be able to handle 22 Mag and 17 HMR if possible.

What say you? Any opinions would be great as this is my first suppressor and I have no real world experience with them.

Get something which:

1. isolates the tube and;
    2. isn't made of aluminum.

I have a Spectre II, which is awesome. There's probably some newer designs which are even better.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    That’s what I was thinking. I’ll have a report on the Q El Camino in 6-8 months I suppose. Trying to forget about it.

hate to break it to you BossmanPJ but its gonna be longer than 6-8 months.

i just bought my first, a TBAC takedown 22, for a rifle. current wait times are running closer to 11-13 months and speculation is after the last round of shutdown it could run as high as 18 months.

was talking to a guy today on another forum who just got his stamp 1 year and 3 weeks later.

i looked at it this way, even though i paid for it now, it will be a great 40th birthday present next Feb when it hopefully gets out of jail. it will look great on the custom rimfire rifle i'm building for it.

also, is it at least at a local shop with a range where you can go visit it

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    hate to break it to you BossmanPJ but its gonna be longer than 6-8 months.

i just bought my first, a TBAC takedown 22, for a rifle. current wait times are running closer to 11-13 months and speculation is after the last round of shutdown it could run as high as 18 months.

was talking to a guy today on another forum who just got his stamp 1 year and 3 weeks later.

i looked at it this way, even though i paid for it now, it will be a great 40th birthday present next Feb when it hopefully gets out of jail. it will look great on the custom rimfire rifle i'm building for it.

also, is it at least at a local shop with a range where you can go visit it

That sucks to hear but I suppose there is nothing I can do about the jail time. It is too far away for me to go visit. I live in Cecil. Nothing really around here. I love it. If it isn’t here in the 6-8 months I figured it would be I’ll just wait longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom