• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    Photo fail, I only took one because I was to busy cleaning and fondling them.

I will get some more of the markings and such tomorrow.
    2012-10-09141100.jpg

Romaian Tokarev and 91/30 russian sniper repro

Cant wait to shoot them.

First question: anyone with the Tokarevs what is your trigger pull on these things. I used a highly scientific method of using a luggage scale to measure it and it is over 16lbs. Im not expecting a hair trigger or anything, but damn this thing is ridiculous!

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    They are beauties... Congrats. :thumbsup:

C&R? You've only just begun...hold on to your butt when the disease really kicks in. :innocent0

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    whooohooo!

Congrats

I was tempted to get another Tokarev and I don't remember mine having a particularly heavy trigger pull. You probably need to break it down and give it a good cleaning, get rid of all that cosmoline. I soaked my metal bits in low odor mineral spirits.
    I don't know if it's standard on all Toks, but my Yugo won't let you pull the trigger/lower the hammer if the mag is out.

Nice sniper rifle too!

seankar

Jan 22, 2012
    Millsboro, DE
    WOO-HOO Another C & R addict. now you will need a second job and hopefully already have an understanding spouse or at least one like mine that doesn't peek in the basement to find the gun safe and it's contents. By the way, my Tok has about a 5-6 lb pull. but is that sucker ever fun to shoot. Nice sniper too!

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    WOO-HOO Another C & R addict. now you will need a second job and hopefully already have an understanding spouse or at least one like mine that doesn't peek in the basement to find the gun safe and it's contents. By the way, my Tok has about a 5-6 lb pull. but is that sucker ever fun to shoot. Nice sniper too!

She funded half the order for our anniversary :D

She thinks they are neat. Hell, I showed her pics of the coffe-table crate that was posted a little while ago and she wants to know when Im making one. I said I need some more guns first:party29:

Id love to get that down to about 6lbs, I will have to try and clean it better this weekend.

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    Congrats

I was tempted to get another Tokarev and I don't remember mine having a particularly heavy trigger pull. You probably need to break it down and give it a good cleaning, get rid of all that cosmoline. I soaked my metal bits in low odor mineral spirits.
    I don't know if it's standard on all Toks, but my Yugo won't let you pull the trigger/lower the hammer if the mag is out.

Nice sniper rifle too!

Mine does not have a mag disconnect like that. I CAN pull the trigger without a mag, and it feels the same wither way.

It does have a half cock that will lock up the slide and trigger though.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

She thinks they are neat. Hell, I showed her pics of the coffe-table crate that was posted a little while ago and she wants to know when Im making one. I said I need some more guns first:party29:

Id love to get that down to about 6lbs, I will have to try and clean it better this weekend.

Wow! Have you ever got a keeper for a wife!!

Clean that Tok up really well, then see if that improves the performance. There are C&Rs that are notorious for heavy trigger pull (P-64 in DA, for example), but the Tok isn't one of them.

seankar

Jan 22, 2012
    Millsboro, DE

KEEPER!!!

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    A month later about time i get some more pics huh?

Polished up the bolt on the mosin a little bit, tested it and everything functions great!
    Matching numbers, and I guess this is what you would call a forced match scope
    DSC00479.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

How do i get the rust out of the engravings?
    DSC00483.jpg

The tokarev, this is a manufacture date of 1953 right?
    DSC00493.jpg

Any help with the trigger on the tok? It is so bad my wife cannot shoot it, she starts shaking as she tries to pull it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    How do i get the rust out of the engravings?

Any help with the trigger on the tok? It is so bad my wife cannot shoot it, she starts shaking as she tries to pull it.

1.). Remove the grips and slide and boil all 3 in a pot of water, after the Cosmo all comes to the surface (hold at a rolling boil for 5-7minutes) remove and oil liberally.

2.). Toothbrush and oil to remove the rust in the lettering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom