• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    Looking to break in my c&r and was wondering if they are worth 380 that SOG is aksing?

If i got a 'regular' one could I scope it for less than the difference? Id like it to stay period correct, but dont need it to be authentic, just fun for the range.

opinions?

Thanks

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    With Gunsmithing fees to modify the stock for the bent bolt handle. Buying or bending your bolt handle for the price they cannot be beat. Now if you can do the Gunsmithing yourself then there may be some savings. Otherwise buy from SOG.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    The price is worth the parts.

Those aren't real snipers, if you want a real one they are available for around 6-800. Real snipers should shoot better, and they are real snipers!

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    Thanks for confirming guys.

I dont need the history of an authentic sniper, so Im gonna go for it and pick one up.

Hopefully it will be a straight shooter! (Im sure it will do better than me anyway:rolleye12)

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I picked up a reproduction 91/30 PU sniper from Lou a few years ago and it was a good purchase for me @ $350. Allows me to shoot one guilt free. As mvee mentioned, the real deal shoot better out of the box but the repros can be made to shoot quite well w. a little work, assuming the rifle used is in good condition. I had to shim my scope mount to get it properly zeroed but that was the extent of it. A fun gun to shoot (but still not as much fun as my M/28-30!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom