• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I've gone and done it somehow. I took the P64 to the range today. I loaded up the first mag, and I got nothing but click, no bang on several attempts. I removed the mag and cycled out the unfired round, and there was no mark on the primer. I whipped out my multitool and used a screwdriver to press on the firing pin from the rear, and there was no pin poking out of the breechface. Uh oh...

It fired fine the last time I took it to the range. I must've accidentally dry-fired it at some point between then and today and broke the pin. :mad54: I took the remainder of the old pin out, and it's indeed broken. Parts for this thing are few and far between, but all is not lost. Thankfully, there's a guy on Gunbroker that has a few for sale. $30 though, ouch. That's like 25% of what I paid for the gun! :lol2:

So if anyone breaks a firing pin, it's not a paperweight yet. There's at least a few firing pins floating around. Just don't break any other parts. :D

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    have you looked at the p64forum. com?

lots of good info there

best of luck

Yes, that's where I learned the seller on Gunbroker had a few pins. Other than that guy though, it seems we're screwed. Nobody else has them. And they'd be prohibitively expensive to make, unless I was a skilled machinist.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    Nope, the pin is different. Just like the rest of the gun, except for the cartridge it fires.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    LOL, it's not going to be a paperweight for long. As I said, there's a guy on Gunbroker selling pins, so a broken pin isn't a death sentence as long as this guy has them available. Or if another importation channel sprouts up.

xwickedx

Jan 31, 2011
    Originally Posted by edhallor

In case anyone misses my Polish Contact for parts, I picked up two P 64 Firing Pins for $20 Total, took two Weeks to get them in, new manufacture 2009, none of this New Old Stock or Break Down crap. U.S. Dealers want $30 for one Pin plus postage.

Need a good source for your Eastern Block Parts, non restricted of course, he sells Pay Pal only since the money is going international he only ask that you never use the word GUN when dealing Pay Pal

His name and email is:

Robert Kruk
    Address: walki mlodych 23/10
    kolobrzeg, zachodniopomorskie 78100
    Poland

sklep@laukart.pl

Later,
    Ed

Wow First post sorry I am a lurker but saved this http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=72843 when I found it for my p64

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Originally Posted by edhallor

In case anyone misses my Polish Contact for parts, I picked up two P 64 Firing Pins for $20 Total, took two Weeks to get them in, new manufacture 2009, none of this New Old Stock or Break Down crap. U.S. Dealers want $30 for one Pin plus postage.

Need a good source for your Eastern Block Parts, non restricted of course, he sells Pay Pal only since the money is going international he only ask that you never use the word GUN when dealing Pay Pal

His name and email is:

Robert Kruk
    Address: walki mlodych 23/10
    kolobrzeg, zachodniopomorskie 78100
    Poland

sklep@laukart.pl

Later,
    Ed

Wow First post sorry I am a lurker but saved this http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=72843 when I found it for my p64

Awesome ref, thanks! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom