• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I picked up a Swiss 96/11 on Gunbroker which showed up today. I'll get pics up once I clean it up a bit, but I've got a bound book question. This rifle isn't import marked. What do I enter for "Manufacturer/Importer" ? Eidgenoessische Waffenfabrik, Bern ?

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I suck as a photographer, especially when the subject is this friggin long... I'll take some better pics once I've got her spit-shined up.

DSCF0593.jpg

DSCF0592.jpg

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Looks like you scored a really nice one. :thumbsup: Without a doubt, they are LONG! I enjoy shooting my 96/11 as much as my K31. They're very different rifles.

It's your thread, but I can't resist adding a pic of mine. 96/11's aren't like Mosins and not something you see every day.

Congrats on yours. You'll love it!

Attachments

• SR 96-11 R.jpg
      SR 96-11 R.jpg
      24.5 KB · Views: 146

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    The long SRs are my favorites at the range. Esp. when shooting off the bench. You are going to love it!
    There's one minor hitch. Most 1911s need a taller front sight to get on paper w.o. Kentucky windage as they're regulated for 300 meters. Otherwise they're awesome shooters. Still waiting for St Marie Graphics to come out with a 1911 clamp-on mount for either a diopter (my 1st choice) or optics.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    The long SRs are my favorites at the range. Esp. when shooting off the bench. You are going to love it!
    There's one minor hitch. Most 1911s need a taller front sight to get on paper w.o. Kentucky windage as they're regulated for 300 meters. Otherwise they're awesome shooters. Still waiting for St Marie Graphics to come out with a 1911 clamp-on mount for either a diopter (my 1st choice) or optics.

I was aware of this issue, but have you ever shot one with the stock sight at say 100? I'm curious as to how low you have to hold...

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    For the life of me I don't remember. I ended up buying a tall front sight from Guisan over on the Swissrifles.com forum and that fixed my problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom