• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I picked up a Nambu Type 14 in a trade recently, and I figured I'd post up a few pics. We all like pics.

It's all matching and in great mechanical shape, the only real bummer is the exterior pitting. 14.8 dated (August of 1939), early small trigger guard and no magazine retention spring. Grips are unmarked, but seem correct. The bore is quite shiny, and appears to have been fired little. The holster has the carry strap, but the hold-down strap is missing. It even came with an extra firing pin! Now I have to sell one of these pesky kidneys so I can afford a box of ammo!

DSCF0549.jpg

DSCF0548.jpg

DSCF0550.jpg

DSCF0552.jpg

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Someone on the forum thinks he might have a kidney stone. I wonder if he might be willing to take one of those pesky kidneys off of your hands. :)

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    Very nice Nambu. Are you tempted to fix the pitting ?

Nope. Its history is its history. Basically, it is what it is. I'm treating it like the relic that it is, I cleaned it up and Eezoxed the shit out of it as to prevent further corrosion. Tis all she needs.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    Nope. Its history is its history. Basically, it is what it is. I'm treating it like the relic that it is, I cleaned it up and Eezoxed the shit out of it as to prevent further corrosion. Tis all she needs.

I got one a few years back, looked like it came out of the jungles of Borneo so - yes - I had to refinish mine. Looks great, just the collector value dropped. But I am still happy with it.

71690433.jpg

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Congrats! Nice to see someone else who has the same taste in handguns. You have what I've been searching for for the last 1-2 years. Got a nice '42 dated T14 three years ago and made up my mind that I wanted an early production small trigger guard T14 like yours to go with it.
    Love having a proper holster. Like slings and bayonets I consider holsters an essential accessory.
    Here's a couple of quick photos of my Kokubunji built T14 to show what a later production, aka "large trigger guard", example looks like.

Attachments

• IMGP5560.JPG
      IMGP5560.JPG
      56.4 KB · Views: 183
    • IMGP5561.JPG
      IMGP5561.JPG
      47.8 KB · Views: 175

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members