• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    Here's a few more pics, I still have a crappy camera and I still suck at taking pics. Since these were for records, I didn't authenticate these with toes...

DSCF0412.jpg

DSCF0413.jpg

DSCF0416.jpg

I'll post up a pic of the cartouches when I figure out how to take a decent pic of them. Even on macro, my camera doesn't pick them up very well.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    After, using ZipStrip, Mineral Spirits and another stripper I decided to try the dishwasher method. It worked great, can't wait to get it finished and to the range. I plan on using Tru-Oil as that is what I have. You guys see any problem with this? It's not a collectable as the serial number and maker have been scrubbed. I just want it for a shooter.

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    I BLO'ed mine and then put several coats of Tru oil to protect the wood. Just make damn sure that the rifle is not stamped DP everywhere. If it is, don't fire it.

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    DP means Drill Purpose (only). These rifles have been deactivated to to being worn out. Bad head space etc. On one of the forums I visit a guy bought one of these, fired it and it blew his thumb off. There was a big hole drilled through the chamber UNDER THE STOCK. Gunsmith didn't pick up on it. I got a DP wood stock set for mine as I de-bubba'ed it.May get a new band because of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom