• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    get a laser.. lol.. j/k

i know couple who has the same issue.. we went to trap range couple of times and she learned how to shoot left handed even when she's a right handed person.

DevonB324

Done
    Feb 7, 2010
    Transplanted Texan
    I shot RussD's AR and it has a red dot scope (and that's all I know) but I was very accurate with that at 100 yards (1-2 inch groupings) almost center, a lil high left... but I was very happy with it.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I shot RussD's AR and it has a red dot scope (and that's all I know) but I was very accurate with that at 100 yards (1-2 inch groupings) almost center, a lil high left... but I was very happy with it.

that helps too.. since you have something helping you to aim.. but for a regular iron sights.. you may need to practice specially w/ rifles.. handguns you should be able to compensate a little. my 2cents.. (my sight is going bad on long distance w/ iron sights so i cheat w/ scopes.. lol).

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I am the opposite of you. I am very left handed and right eye dominant. I shoot handguns with either hand but long guns are right handed only for me or I am looking down the side of the barrel and not the sights.
    I dont think I even have a left - right preference with hand guns. But shoot either side two handed usually...

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    ok, this explains why I only see a jumbled mess when trying to aim a pistol with both eyes open using my right eye. Apparently I'm left eye dominant also, but have always closed my left and aimed and shot righty. After reading this thread I tried aiming with both eyes open, but using my left eye and it was much easier... Guess it's back to the range for more practice..!!

DevonB324

Done
    Feb 7, 2010
    Transplanted Texan
    ok, this explains why I only see a jumbled mess when trying to aim a pistol with both eyes open using my right eye. Apparently I'm left eye dominant also, but have always closed my left and aimed and shot righty. After reading this thread I tried aiming with both eyes open, but using my left eye and it was much easier... Guess it's back to the range for more practice..!!

I'm always up for a trip to the range for more practice! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom