Any MD car insurance experts for non driver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I battled multiple times with GEICO
    That was your entire problem right there, nothing to do with Maryland drivers licenses.

No reason to. Just go to DMV and get a ID card. No reason to get a drivers license or have anything to do with car insurance. The only reason would be in case of emergencies.
    Plus, you don't have to pass any tests (other than tests of identification)!

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    To exclude someone who lives in your household from coverage they have to be named as an excluded driver in the liability policy. Maryland law is very specific about named driver exclusions for residents of the same household.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Driver exclusion and done. They then will not use his age when rating your policy

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    Using the excluded driver option

Since you can update your policy anytime, it sounds like you can just identify excluded drivers and then update the policy to include them if they are planning to drive ahead of time. Many don't know that you can just update your policy based on your immediate needs.

This may be helpful for those who have drivers at the same residence who don't drive year round, but if there is a situation where they need to drive, you can update the policy to include them prior to them driving.

Some people I know who have motorcycles, they update their policy for extended coverage during riding season and then liability only during the offseason.

Does anyone else agree and take advantage of this flexibility?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Shop insurance companies.

With USAA, I insure the cars, but also name the drivers who are allowed to drive them.

But even so, they are insured if I let anyone else drive them. I am sure if they find out the person is driving on a regular basis, it would be an issue.

Or, if I drive any other car.

But I did find, it costs more to assign people to specific cars, so I make everyone an occasional user of all the vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom