• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Might be nice to own but considering there are few places that allow them on their range, the cost per round means little to no practice. No thanks, I want to shoot and practice with rifles I own.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It's a LOT different, like apples and pineapples different.

Since there is an AG letter that states that it has to be 100% parts compatible to be a copy, if just on e screw is off, no copy of an enumerated banned firearm.

The Bushmaster thing is a completely different issue and Remington didn't do shit about it, and won't.

Heck, some MDS members contacted Bushmaster about the issue, and they basically took that attitude that our state was not worth the effort.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Not in the late 80's (when the name was used on the California list) or mid 90's (when Maryland copied California's 39 items the first list).

It wasn't until the late 90's early 2000's that it was referred to (outside of the military) as the "light 50". Context and timing has meaning.

Except in MD. The Bushmaster company did not exist when the list was made either.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Near as I can tell, Maryland evil gun list is based on really bad late 80s movies and television. it makes as much sense.

first appearance of the M82, with the pine cone brake (which was the 2nd iteration; the first was as shown above post #36, the third is the trademark square baffle).

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Navy_SEALs
    http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Predator_2

It's actually worse, the first 39 items were based on those listed in California law, which was based off bad movies/TV shows made at home.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Except in MD. The Bushmaster company did not exist when the list was made either.

Bushmaster did exist as a company in 1989, they just didn't manufacture AR-15 style rifles at the time.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Bushmaster did exist as a company in 1989, they just didn't manufacture AR-15 style rifles at the time.

I think it was a different company.

OK, the later Bushmaster came from the old Gwinn Firearms.

Gwinn made the actual Bushmaster model that WAS on the 89 and 94 lists.

But the banned Bushmaster was the name of the firearm, made by Gwinn. The more recent ones are ARs made by Bushmaster company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_Firearms_International

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think it was a different company.

OK, the later Bushmaster came from the old Gwinn Firearms.

Gwinn made the actual Bushmaster model that WAS on the 89 and 94 lists.

But the banned Bushmaster was the name of the firearm, made by Gwinn. The more recent ones are ARs made by Bushmaster company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_Firearms_International

Yep, I knew all of that. Further, the Bushmaster heavy barrel was the first AR-15 style rifle confirmed by MSP in writing to be a copy of a rifle that was cash and carry.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yep, I knew all of that. Further, the Bushmaster heavy barrel was the first AR-15 style rifle confirmed by MSP in writing to be a copy of a rifle that was cash and carry.

Interesting

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Montgomery County is so awesome. They are always building and expanding.
    Anyway, I'm thinking about purchasing one more rifle to add to my collection.
    I need something heavy caliber and was looking at a Barrett M107.
    Does anyone have experience with one or have one that I can shoot at the range to try it out?

Just before I retired, I made a quick impulse buy of a .375 CheyTac, 300 rounds though it and owned by the guy who owns XLR industries. After I had been retired a bit, I then found out how difficult it is to find any place to stretch it out to its potential. In retrospect, it was a mistake for me. I don’t like to travel and one definitely needs to travel to find a place to shoot such guns. I had it in to The Machine Gun Nest to sight it in and once at 100 yd outdoor range…but I could do that with my .22. The big boom is nice though.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Two guntube dueling opinions on the 50 cal

"not a sniper rifle its 3 MOA"

and yet...

I say Garand Thumb/Demo Ranch for the win. :lol2:

Sloopjonb

Feb 5, 2016
    Down here in Murfreesboro tn you can shoot that Barrett at their retail store The Outpost Armory they have it on display and their range is right on the property. !2 hrs down here and 12 back is it worth it? If you buy one here I think they let you shoot it some at their range before they would ship it to you. Everything there is brand new they haven't been open for a year yet. They just moved the retail store from Christiana where they make their guns. You should move to a free state here I could walk in and buy that rifle in less than an hour and be shooting it on their range. Its why I moved from Hyattsville years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom