• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    First foray into building one of these --Poly 80 lower--mil-spec trigger --installed the trigger group as per instructions---cocks ok wont reset properly---if I push down on back of trigger bar with a punch it will click and reset and release ok when trigger is pulled -but when I cock it again it sticks-ie the hook on the hammer to the disconnector---I have taken apart and reassembled and futzed around with it but no fun so far-I have watched some videos--any tips THANX

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Either out of spec or the hammer spring might be backwards. How confident are you that it has been assembled properly?

I have found many 80% AR lowers to be less than ideal in terms of quality.

TravisVerve

May 3, 2021
    First foray into building one of these --Poly 80 lower--mil-spec trigger --installed the trigger group as per instructions---cocks ok wont reset properly---if I push down on back of trigger bar with a punch it will click and reset and release ok when trigger is pulled -but when I cock it again it sticks-ie the hook on the hammer to the disconnector---I have taken apart and reassembled and futzed around with it but no fun so far-I have watched some videos--any tips THANX

Hey, I just did one of these Poly 80's (556v2 or something) and a JMT polymer. this is a couple week old post. did you figure it out? my guess would be the pocket depth. if its not that it might be the disconnector maybe? where did the parts come from? I used
    PSA and a DelTon kits and they both worked great once the pocket depth/width were right on. Also if the pin location is off by more than a 1000'th or so that could be bad

Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    I had file the bottom of the disconnect to achieve a near zero gap between the hammer hook and the disconnect hook,
    When pulling the hammer back.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I had an out of spec disconnector once. It would fire again when I released the trigger.
    Now when building, I test it by pulling trigger while holding the hammer so I can control the fall,
    Then still holding trigger, pull the hammer back making sure it locks hammer back. Then releasing trigger still making sure hammer does not move and you should hear the click as trigger is reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom