• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Does anyone make a smokeless powder capable muzzleloader nowadays like the now discontinued Savage 10ML II? I know there are a few makers that are pretty proud of their rifles by the price tag hanging on them but I really don't feel like refinancing my house to buy one. Looking on Gunbroker for the Savages is a little pricey as well, but I figure that supply/demand has the prices at the point ther are at.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Wow gun-brokers wacked, If I new you were looking I could have pointed you to one for 400.00
    It was a MLII blued. My buddy bought it and didn't like the tedious load measurement. I see them around my way for sale occasionally.
    When I bought mine the store owner told me they were popular for guys who travel across the border to Canada for hunting. Maybe that's why they're so high, wow.
    I think I may have paid about 450 ish plus for mine with an extra breech plug and a handful of vent liners about 10 years ago.
    I only bought it to get away from post shot maintenance when I traveled back to deer hunt for a few years.
    It made all my other BP hunting rifles dust collectors unless I want to get all eclectic.
    Heavy as a club though and unwieldy but the bee's knees for deer hunting in a field.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Wow gun-brokers wacked, If I new you were looking I could have pointed you to one for 400.00
    It was a MLII blued. My buddy bought it and didn't like the tedious load measurement. I see them around my way for sale occasionally.
    When I bought mine the store owner told me they were popular for guys who travel across the border to Canada for hunting. Maybe that's why they're so high, wow.
    I think I may have paid about 450 ish plus for mine with an extra breech plug and a handful of vent liners about 10 years ago.
    I only bought it to get away from post shot maintenance when I traveled back to deer hunt for a few years.
    It made all my other BP hunting rifles dust collectors unless I want to get all eclectic.
    Heavy as a club though and unwieldy but the bee's knees for deer hunting in a field.

So I'm guessing your buddy already shed himself of it?

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin

Attachments

• ED0872E3-D02F-4AFB-8D0D-C2E5BF06C20A.jpg
      ED0872E3-D02F-4AFB-8D0D-C2E5BF06C20A.jpg
      95.7 KB · Views: 541

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Checked website for Arrowhead conversions.
    Checked Go Broke for GUNS for Savage muzzleloaders.

Made me rethink the virtues of 777 .

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Yep, I will stick with pouring warm water down the barrel of a break open inline at those prices.

easiest solution to black powder.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin

I hunt in a shotgun only county so this is my deer gun. The cva conversions can be done for pretty cheap.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Your donor muzzleloader could equally be your Deer Gun" in SG only County for $0.00 addiitional expense.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Hartford County is shotgun only also, I don't own a rifled barrel shotgun so I use my Savage muzzle loader for all gun seasons. Hence the Nom de Plume

It worked well this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20171126_080142_hdr.jpg
      IMG_20171126_080142_hdr.jpg
      105 KB · Views: 270

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Doesn't the new suppressed muzzleloader use smokeless?

Silencerco Maxim 50?
    Absolutely not.
    uses BP substitutes. BH209 recommended.
    I have used BH209 in my inline and sidelocks (duplexing with 15g 2F BP)
    it definitely burns cleaner and less smoke.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I have a ML-II also. Was looking at that sight looking for a spare breech plug and ventliners when I came across that page.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Every once in a while Ill see some of the accessory kits come up for sale. I guess some retailers put them up from excess stock that didn't sell with the rifles.
    Keefer's in Pine grove Pa had a ton of that stuff in his shop at one time. Maybe he still does if you need some spares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom