• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 13, 2005
    And shortly after some BS like this passes, the terror watch list gets expanded by some liberal mindset definition to include extreme forums that promote violent activities such as... MDS... :sad20:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    And shortly after some BS like this passes, the terror watch list gets expanded by some liberal mindset definition to include extreme forums that promote violent activities such as... MDS... :sad20:

I think you've hit on what a large part of the motivation these people have is, not just on a state but also on the national level. Quite a way to shut those pesky conservatives who like their guns up on the internet. And the internet is after all, where most political discussion occurs these days.

They don't even need to expand the definitions they use. Just the threat in the back of people's minds of voicing dissent and possibly winding up on a list no one (including the people who run it) seems to understand really how you get on or off of. That's enough to stifle a lot of the opposing voices.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Are we all to be placed on a terrorist watch list for exercising our other COTUS Rights as well? :tdown::mad54:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Folks - just a callout on this one - the MGA is playing games of some kind. This bill was originally scheduled for 15MAR in House Judiciary. Sometime this afternoon, the schedule was changed to 26FEB; guess this one is important to the MGA leadership...

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    So I am drafting an email to send to the list... how does this sound?

XYZ,
    You are a sponsor on HB1000 which would prohibit a person on FBI's Terrorist Watchlist from purchasing a firearm. As you may or may not know Muslim Americans and those person from the Middle East are disproportionately represented on the Watchlist.

I have known many Muslim Americans in my life and all were peaceful, lab abiding citizens.

I am asking why you are a sponsor on a bill that unfairly targets Muslim and Middle Eastern American solely on their religion and birthplace.

Thank you
    DTM

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Just a footnote, when Ted Kennedy wound up on the no fly list, ostensibly by mistake, it took them three weeks to get him off of it. And he was Ted Freakin' Kennedy. A sitting United States Senator and one of the most powerful men in the government (although probably not one of the best drivers).

How long do you think it would take one of us lowly working citizens to get such an error fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom