• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DennisCA

(Someone has prob thought about this all ready but it's a new idea to me)

I have several gun cleaning kits and the other I was out cleaning my guns and I grab the wrong one - damn it I thought there must be a better way to store this stuff! And there was, I took this:
    QzKzgg.jpg

(A 3-tray fishing tackle box from Walmart: $15.00)
    :thumbsup:
    And created this:
    D83O69.jpg

(And yes I know it needs to get better organized)
    :lol:
    It has everything I need to clean my guns; either at home or at the range.
    The only gun cleaning stuff I don't have in there is for my black powder guns, which takes a different cleaning method.

So what do think?

They (Walmart) had some smaller ones (the cleaning rods prob wouldn't fit) or one that was enormous (which would have defeated the purpose all together!).

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    Only problem is, solvent/oil bottles on their sides are just begging to leak all over everything. I've had it happen before, it's a real pain in the ass when Hoppes #9 turns all of your brass jags and brushes green...:mad54:

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I use a plastic tool box, with a lift-out tray. 12" long or so, so the rod sections store easily in the top tray. The tray has an opening under the handle that allows my bottles to stand upright right in the center. I did tape a plastic tray to the bottom of the box for the bottles to stand in, just in case there is a spill, but it has not happened yet. Small plastic boxes to hold the jags/brushes/etc. for each caliber. Compartments on the exterior of the top hold patches nicely.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    I use a plastic tool box, with a lift-out tray. 12" long or so, so the rod sections store easily in the top tray. The tray has an opening under the handle that allows my bottles to stand upright right in the center. I did tape a plastic tray to the bottom of the box for the bottles to stand in, just in case there is a spill, but it has not happened yet. Small plastic boxes to hold the jags/brushes/etc. for each caliber. Compartments on the exterior of the top hold patches nicely.

:thumbsup: sounds similar to what I have....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom