Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The 'honorable' Mr Beeman's mug shot:

552674_20140825071800.jpg

http://data.desmoinesregister.com/iowa-mugshots/index.php?id=48103

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Are you legally allowed to take your weapon to another state and use it for self defense? I guess it would depend on the state laws?

I never knew you could

Last time I was out of town I stayed at a half decent place. I was on the computer in my hotel room when the door slammed against the door lock (replaced the chain) I had my 19 with me and commanded hello?. no answer and after I threw on a t-shirt and went to close the door there was no one around. Called down to the ft desk and they gave my room and key to someone by mistake. I always have protection when I go out of town.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Sheraton in Albuquerque decided my room might be empty on the 4th night of my four night stay. Instead of calling, they sent the security guard who knocked and unlocked the door before we could wake up at 1 am. The bolt stop held the door and he did identify himself, but were panicked and still not fully awake.

We were awake after that. I was glad I was a MD resident and unable to carry. With a gun in my hand, and watching some one pushing the door against the bolt stop, I don't know how well I would have processed the info that he was security.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Are you legally allowed to take your weapon to another state and use it for self defense? I guess it would depend on the state laws?

I never knew you could

Yeah, it really depends. Most states you won't run into any problems, but in NY/MA/NJ/ you'd prob just dial 911 and wait.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    And my wife always asks why I bring my gun on vacation.

I always do. Even when I go to California, I do (you can keep it in your room). I try not to vacation in gun hostile territory, unless I'm going overseas.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Unfortunately, a not-so-great court ending to this. Apparently, the liberal defense attorney argued that the guy suffered some kind of serious duress from having a gun pointed at him, and the judge bought it -- reduced the guy's sentence. Can you believe it? $100 fine, and the guy walks away. Same guy is in the court record like 26 times, too.

Read the thread again:

http://www.iowasportsman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=924832&mode=&show=20&page=2

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Great job judge. :sad20:

Now the loser can go back to a life of crime and possibly hurt someone or he will have no compunction about breaking into another hotel room and meet someone quick to open up on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom