• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    To all of the Continental haters,
    Have you ever considered that maybe you rubbed an employee there the wrong way? I have been going there for 3 years, ever since the first time I was there, I have never had a problem. There may have been a visit or two, when someone wasn't in the best of moods, but think about it.....how often are you ALWAYS in a great mood, all day, every day?

As for white Marsh arms, never had a problem there diner. Jamie has always been willing to go above and beyond.

Instead of expecting to be treated with respect, why not try dishing some out, and not walking around with a holier than thou attitude. You'll catch more flies with honey, than shit.

A coupon is a coupon, did the coupon say that it must be presented for discount? Did it say valid at the show only?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Try treating someone with respect? As if the 10 of us all walked in with chips on our shoulders on mutiple occassions. A bit fetched eh?

I'll give people a bad day it happens. I've been in several times by myself and with others and have been treated less then impressivly several times.

I'm not walking in with my hat sideways, pants around knee's, and a untucked shirt 4 times to big.

Getting simple customer service pertaining to an AR has been hard at times.

For those who love it great. You apparently fit their customer base of people they are willing to deal with. In the past 5 years I've been 10 times or more and have not had any luck.

I realize gun stores in general can be kind of stand off-ish. It happens. Many different employee's time and time again have made it where it's not worth my time to go there.

If you like it great.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Try treating someone with respect? As if the 10 of us all walked in with chips on our shoulders on mutiple occassions. A bit fetched eh?

I'll give people a bad day it happens. I've been in several times by myself and with others and have been treated less then impressivly several times.

I'm not walking in with my hat sideways, pants around knee's, and a untucked shirt 4 times to big.

Getting simple customer service pertaining to an AR has been hard at times.

For those who love it great. You apparently fit their customer base of people they are willing to deal with. In the past 5 years I've been 10 times or more and have not had any luck.

I realize gun stores in general can be kind of stand off-ish. It happens. Many different employee's time and time again have made it where it's not worth my time to go there.

If you like it great.

I tend to feel the same way.

The half-dozen times or so that I've gone in--whether just killing time, needing something, actually getting gun info, whatever--half were very pleasant exchanges, I got what I was after, and we all went on our merry way. The other half, I was dealing with ponytail, and came away with a very bad taste. He has been condescending, even rude, especially if was asking a question he seemed to feel I should already have known the answer to.

I'm sure he knows his stuff cold... but he's managing to give the place a bad image, and I can completely understand how people could decide not to go back.

And I still haven't been shooting there, and had the joy of being babysat, as someone described it.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Never have shot there, but have been in there a few times when in the area, just to browse the inventory. The "roadie" guy just seems to leave me alone and others have shown me items.

Never noticed any bad service or rudeness. I think I am about as indifferent about them as they are about me.

The one time I spent money in there, I used a gift certificate to buy some accessories and they gave me a free tote bag.

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    My wife and I went to Continental Arms last week. The "roadie" guy was an absolute jerk. I didn't have a chance to rub him the wrong way. We were dressed respectable, had our weapons in hard plastic cases and was carrying all of our gear in a discrete range bag.

He greeted us and asked us if we had shot before, we said yes, he asked how long has it been we replied a few months. He then said with a smirk "You'll have to reread the safety disclosure and fill out this paper work". So we begin, I made the comment that we were members there until a few months ago and he just smiled at me like he didn't give a crap. My wife asks him how to fill out the skills assessment part, she is comfortable around weapons but didn't want to seem cocky and put expert. He makes a comment about most people are just beginners and he just makes fun of people who mark "expert", then he looks at my paper and of course i've checked expert (to my credit I'm a freakin 10 year Army combat veteran that has qualified with many weapons)...ok ok so maybe I think a little highly of myself.

He then asks to inspect my weapons, I open the case, everything is in order all the weapons are locked open and are free of ammo and clips. He then wants to see the ammo, I open the bag for him to see, and he wants to look at all 9 boxes of winchester ammo. Thinking we are done... he says, so where are the clips. I open up the side pocket and let 12 clips fall on to the counter. (at this point I am very annoyed) He looks picks a few of them up and sets them down and says "now you can put them all away". I do and he wants to see my eyes and ears in the bag as well, my wife shows them and says we can go to lane 8.

We load up and go to our perspective lane and I am loading clips so my wife can shoot. He is perched on my shoulder like a pirates parrot. Then to be perpetuate his annoyance I pick up the pistol and fire off 15 rounds in 3 round surges and he comments to me "firing fast doesn't help your accuracy". I look at him and think <wtf are you talking about I just put 15 round center mass at the first line there (10yds?)> I smile and say ok.

Not to mention it was about 95 degrees inside the lanes and I had howdy doody critiquing my technique.

I wont go back.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    My wife and I went to Continental Arms last week. The "roadie" guy was an absolute jerk. I didn't have a chance to rub him the wrong way. We were dressed respectable, had our weapons in hard plastic cases and was carrying all of our gear in a discrete range bag.

He greeted us and asked us if we had shot before, we said yes, he asked how long has it been we replied a few months. He then said with a smirk "You'll have to reread the safety disclosure and fill out this paper work". So we begin, I made the comment that we were members there until a few months ago and he just smiled at me like he didn't give a crap. My wife asks him how to fill out the skills assessment part, she is comfortable around weapons but didn't want to seem cocky and put expert. He makes a comment about most people are just beginners and he just makes fun of people who mark "expert", then he looks at my paper and of course i've checked expert (to my credit I'm a freakin 10 year Army combat veteran that has qualified with many weapons)...ok ok so maybe I think a little highly of myself.

He then asks to inspect my weapons, I open the case, everything is in order all the weapons are locked open and are free of ammo and clips. He then wants to see the ammo, I open the bag for him to see, and he wants to look at all 9 boxes of winchester ammo. Thinking we are done... he says, so where are the clips. I open up the side pocket and let 12 clips fall on to the counter. (at this point I am very annoyed) He looks picks a few of them up and sets them down and says "now you can put them all away". I do and he wants to see my eyes and ears in the bag as well, my wife shows them and says we can go to lane 8.

We load up and go to our perspective lane and I am loading clips so my wife can shoot. He is perched on my shoulder like a pirates parrot. Then to be perpetuate his annoyance I pick up the pistol and fire off 15 rounds in 3 round surges and he comments to me "firing fast doesn't help your accuracy". I look at him and think <wtf are you talking about I just put 15 round center mass at the first line there (10yds?)> I smile and say ok.

Not to mention it was about 95 degrees inside the lanes and I had howdy doody critiquing my technique.

I wont go back.

It's a hike from Essex area but Hap Baker is ten times better.

I dont like being hawked either.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Who's the guy that wears the shoulder holster? Is he one of the owners?
    not that I know of, just an employee(if we are talking about the same guy). I was there on friday after a dr. appt and was just looking. the roadie guy was there, paid him no mind and he left me alone. i had the guy that wears suspenders show me a few guns, then i kept looking. roadie came over and asked if i needed help and i said yeah, i'd like to see...he was about as pleasant as one would expect, we spoke for a couple minutes then he had to wait on someone else. i noticed the MDS magnet on the safe in the back and commented on it, for some reason suspender guy looked annoyed that i mentioned it. he was never rude or anything like that, let me say that up front, he just got this look like he just got a whiff of a big steaming grumpy. maybe it was something else and just bad timing on my part, who knows. i do go there semi regularly and have never had an issue with him so i am thinking it may have been just that, bad timing on my part. as far as i am concerned it is still a pretty decent place to buy guns.

mybreathyourlung

Aug 16, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Just look at how many people on here have already said that they don't want to go back. I'm not a businessman but that to me sounds like lost cash. If I owned Continental I would want to know how my business is being hurt.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I am a member at Continental and have never had a bad experience. I have however witnessed "roadie guy" be rude and obnoxious towards others. I would be happy to pass the word along to the owner on behalf of everyone here. If I were a business owner, I would definitely want to know about this.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I can tell you I WILL NEVER step foot in this place. I emailed them about some training classes and have yet to hear back. It has been over a week. If you want training go somewhere else, they apparently do not care if they can help you or not. If this is the customer service they give to potential new customers I will spend my $$ elsewhere.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Rutro....sounds like somebody is having troubles getting along with others...

I personally have never had a bad experience at Continental and maybe that's because they know me from Jeep, Gibby and Andy. Just remember maybe just maybe working all day with less than desireable customers like some that have been described ( baggy pants , hat on sideways) has worn on
    Ziggy. I have personally witnessed patrons shoot down lines , muzzle sweep the firing line, walk into the range not wearing eye or ear protection and that may have Ziggy a bit jadded. I'm not making excuses for him if he's been rude but as someone has said maybe he's having a bad year.

The owners do care about their customers and I think this thread should be sent to them.

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    When I was there it was a slow day, around 11am. There was a father/son pair shooting on the far right of the lanes. There were a pair of yuppie looking guys renting gear and shooting (the older gentleman was working with them). The Roadie was messing with the AR display wall, and the middle aged fellow with gray hair, but looks like he might still be some what youthfull was behind the register. He has sold me several weapons over the years and sold me memberships in the past (I don't expect him to remember me).

Then out of nowhere there he was.....

Roadie

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Rutro....sounds like somebody is having troubles getting along with others...

I personally have never had a bad experience at Continental and maybe that's because they know me from Jeep, Gibby and Andy. Just remember maybe just maybe working all day with less than desireable customers like some that have been described ( baggy pants , hat on sideways) has worn on
    Ziggy. I have personally witnessed patrons shoot down lines , muzzle sweep the firing line, walk into the range not wearing eye or ear protection and that may have Ziggy a bit jadded. I'm not making excuses for him if he's been rude but as someone has said maybe he's having a bad year.

The owners do care about their customers and I think this thread should be sent to them.

I have already established that I like the place and it's quirks. I've only been there 25-30 times and I've seen the lines shot down twice. How lame is that?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom