• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Getting a flooring system put in the basement, but want to replace the 1967 bare copper line embedded in the concrete floor between the oil tank and the boiler first, so I don't have to cut through the new flooring a couple years from now. ~20 feet....shutoff, disconnect, evacuate fuel oil, chip out floor, replace with poly-coated and/or sleeved, pour back floor.

Licensed and insured only.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    I think I'd try to reroute it where it wouldn't have to be embedded in the floor

The tank and boiler are 20' apart. Current line is bare copper (1967). New stuff is either installed in a sleeve, or has a poly coating to resist corrosion. Nothing wrong with it being in the concrete....new coated line will last long after i'm dead. I just want to do it before the flooring system is put down in Feb.

goose4

Jan 6, 2013
    Don't get to comment on here much as you can tell from the post count. I think the concrete work may be an issue for some. I am not sure exactly where you are located, but I would call Heaps Oil or Corbin Fuel. I haven't dealt with Heaps in a few years since I moved but they would usually be able to refer you to someone. I think Corbin has there own people to work on units, etc. Or perhaps you could call your current fuel provider, they may be able to help with someone more local. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom