• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I am looking to have some fencing installed on my property this spring. I want about 300' of 4' split rail fence (3 rail with posts at 8' apart). There will probably be 2 or 3 gates also. I will come up with a more definite plan as it gets closer to spring but I figured I would see if anyone on the forum is in the business.

This fencing will add on to existing split rail fence I installed last year. Last time I had the materials delivered from a place near Philadelphia. I could order the materials again and just have someone do the labor.

PM if you are interested.
    Thanks.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Not an installer but standard spacing on a split rail is 10'4". The rails are 11' long with some overlap.

(You only need 3/4 the amount of posts you think you do).

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Not an installer but standard spacing on a split rail is 10'4". The rails are 11' long with some overlap.

(You only need 3/4 the amount of posts you think you do).

Thanks, but I have 8' rails on my existing fence. It is less common but it exists and I like it better despite the additional posts required.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Thanks, but I have 8' rails on my existing fence. It is less common but it exists and I like it better despite the additional posts required.

That's cool, I'be never seen 8' split rail before.

I have to replace all my 2 rail fence with 3 rail fence, thanks to a more athletic dog.

Good luck finding an installer.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I just did a 3-board paddock and priced a number of vendors for both that and split rail.

Fence and Deck Connection was the best price by far and their installing crew leader was one of the most curteous contactors I have ever worked with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom