• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    Ran up to York Sunday afternoon with my twins. Picked up a Ruger magazine for the Mini-14. Still can't believe that guys are trying to get $50+ for a brick of .22s. Was glad I have plenty. I thought there was a lot to look at, even kept the 6 year olds' attention for a couple hours. Nothing better than hearing them get excited over the same stuff I like... Dad - Look at that cool rifle!! We had a good time.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    BTW what was the deal with the "rare find" Sako they had? Didn't see anything exceptional.

All of the M39's on that rack said "Rare Find" on the labels. I joked with my friend, "Yeah, it's rare to see that mediocre of a M39 selling for that much!"

MrPandemic

Small Business Owner
    Nov 1, 2015
    Up in the Holler
    Still can't believe that guys are trying to get $50+ for a brick of .22s. Was glad I have plenty.

I had been selling .22lr at $55 a brick no matter the brand. My cost is now above what I used to pay for a brick as a consumer:sad20:. The panic buying is over but I have seen a steady consumption of it, so people are shooting it:thumbsup:, and not just hoarding it. In our area .22lr is hit or miss at the box stores. I have been maintaining an inventory of .22lr and so has Top Gun and Jewelry. In general, supply is improving so I suspect my cost will come back down, but I don't know that it will come down to what we were used to before the panic.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Isn't there a York show this weekend, 12/19-12/20? The Appalachian Promotions web site doesn't show it.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Sorry you wasted a trip but I'm glad you posted there is no show. I was headed up there shortly. I'm sure there are a few shops open that you could visit while your in the area.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Sorry you wasted a trip but I'm glad you posted there is no show. I was headed up there shortly. I'm sure there are a few shops open that you could visit while your in the area.

Yes, sorry you made a wasted trip. You might try stopping at the Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury on your way back, they have a decent supply of long guns and often some good buys on C&R handguns (if you've got your C&R FFL).

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Yes, sorry you made a wasted trip. You might try stopping at the Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury on your way back, they have a decent supply of long guns and often some good buys on C&R handguns (if you've got your C&R FFL).

Gun Bunker's prices are ridiculous and their customer service is horrible. Also my friends were in there one time a few years back when the guy behind the counter was handling a gun the customer brought in and he pulled the trigger without checking to see if it was loaded. Yup it was, bang, right through the display case, scared the crap outta everyone. Then the employee tried blaming the guy who brought it in, luckily no one was hurt.

Shrewsbury Market is good, probably super busy today. Stopped by Freedom Armory and it was crowded, probably all the people who went to York and came back.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Just got back home.
    Pissed. :mad54:
    Definitly boycotting the Feb show.
    Last weekend before Christmas a lot of people changed/altered plans, really should be posting some type of notice other than a note on the door once you arrive. If it cost the promotor $$ to do that, than so be it. Not showing much respect for the buying public. They had to know in advance before this morning and should have made multiple posting, bought air time or whatever. It's not like it was cancelled at the last minute over inclement weather, although the Feb show could be.
    I know others will disagree, tell me I should be supporting the Feb show, so go at it.
    But I am pissed. :mad54:
    Poor customer relations to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom