• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy

have to admit I am not familiar with the 327 mag. been thinking about picking up another LCR for myself (wife already has one) in either 38 or 357. I hate the trigger on hers tho and was looking at the lcrx but the x model only comes in 38. it's not a target pistol anyway tho so having the hammer for SA is not that big of a deal.

I would be concerned over ammo availability a few years down the road if the 327 doesn't catch on, might get expensive to shoot.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    This is interesting. The LCR in .38 with laser grip is on my short list, but $800 is going to be hard to justify.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I would be concerned over ammo availability a few years down the road if the 327 doesn't catch on, might get expensive to shoot.

There are some reviews of the Single Six in that caliber. You can shoot 32 HR mag and one or more of the less powerful 32's. Reportedly LOUD

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    yeah, I'm gonna get mine chambered in .28 wig-wam in case that catches on. No new calibers for me, thanks.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Dammit, I shouldn't have read up on it ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.327_Federal_Magnum

Pretty decent power, with energy and velocities better than a 9mm and close to a 357 Mag. Recoil and muzzle flash are said to be considerably less than a 357 Mag.

Now I have to resist pricing it out. Do not need another caliber. Do not need another caliber. Do not need ... :gun3:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't fall for the "lack of availability" factor of ammo for a pistol that won't be a range king. These pistols are belly guns or cabinet guns for the house. That being said, there is no reason for these pistols to be in any caliber other than .38 special and 357.
    Why does there need to be any in between? 38 for the range if you so desire and 357 to take care of business when it needs to be taken care of.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I love mt LCR in .38 but sure don't need a .327.
    I will probably pick up one in 9mm one of these days just for more power, and moonclips.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This is interesting. The LCR in .38 with laser grip is on my short list, but $800 is going to be hard to justify.

I don't know how S&W makes money on these, but they sell their similar 38 special 5-shot M&P Bodyguard revolver with an integrated Crimson Trace laser for around $400. Here's a current deal at $385 including shipping ...

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...h-intergrated-crimson-trace-laser-1.9-barrel/

I love mt LCR in .38 but sure don't need a .327.
    I will probably pick up one in 9mm one of these days just for more power, and moonclips.

The other minor attraction was 6 rounds in the cylinder for this model - but I checked out the 327 Magnum pricing and they're a bit higher per round than 357 Magnum. Gunbot was showing a range of approx $0.45 - $1.00/round. Although they're less likely to be range guns, if want to plink, I like $0.30/round or less options.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Another solution to a problem that does not exist. There are plenty of proven (and better) calibers suited to SD revolvers, and they're cheaper and readily available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom