• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    My grandfather had a .38 special snub that he only shot once. He put it in a drawer and it didn't come out again until decades later, after the death of my grandparents when the house was being cleaned-out. My father and uncle were discussing what to do with it. My uncle was an antiques dealer, and said it probably wasn't worth much. They weren't into handguns, and just wanted to dump it off.

But I'm really curious what this revolver was.

I remember it was cheap... probably purchased new in the 40's, 50's or 60's. The finish/look of the gun was like a gray slate rock. I mean seriously, the thing looked like it was chiseled out of a gray stone and smoothed up. No finish at all -- just matte like a smooth stone.

It was certainly not a smith, colt, Rossi, Taurus, or anything I'd heard of. I do remember that it had either a white or yellow cross symbol on it -- possibly as a part of the site somewhere. Like I said -- think cheap and low-quality.

Does the description of this revolver ring any bells? I got to thinking when someone posted about the Rohm revolver in a recent post. It didn't look like any Rohm that I could see in Google images, other than somewhat like the crap finish.

Thanks.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    not a lot to go on. charter arms or high standard perhaps.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There was a European company that made rohm copies.......they were CRAP but similar to your description. I forget the name off hand.....I'm working on it.

Also check out the RG-40 by Rohm........the copy I'm honking of is a 22

Llama made some too and while I wouldn't own one they actually don't visually look to bad.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    White or yellow cross you say?

400px-HandOfGod.jpg

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Ken, thanks, but not a cross on the grip. It was on top, something to do with the sights, if I remember right. It was literally just a straight lined cross etched into the metal, with white paint in the groove. That's it.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    You know how a revolver has the cuts ground into the sides of the cylinder? Are they called flutes? I am trying to remember, but it was almost like this gun had them cut all of the way across the cylinder, or something about it made the cylinder look kinda blocky or edgy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom