• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Same 1/2 x 28. As stated, if it's for a can, concentric threading is critical. Take it to a smith
    Is the stock threading for a birdcage non-concentric? That is, could I thread my Sparrow onto it without trouble?

Is there a model that comes without any cage at all?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm not aware of one that has a threaded barrel by itself. If it's threaded for a birdcage, a can should be no problem. That's what my plan is.

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    The 15-22 is available with threaded barrels. Unfortunately I ended up with a standard model.

And for the record I did not shoot the M&P22 pistol with the birdcage....but I might,LOL

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I thought the question was can you order one with just a threaded barrel and no muzzle device. Maybe I misread it.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Yeah, I'll stick with my standard version for that price difference. This was the first time I looked at the PC version and I had no idea about the stingers.

For anyone else that doesn't know the PC version has a “Laney” chamber which is a little shorter then a standard chamber, and stingers are a little longer then regular cases.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57786_757784_757784_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y
    That is correct. The PC has a tighter match chamber although I fail to see what good a match chamber does on a gun with a polymer upper receiver. I actually have both a regular and PC model. And yes the PC comes with a thread protector and no flash hider. There are some things you can do to make the PC model shoot tighter groups. However those same things will help the regular model just as much.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    A couple of comments FWIW.

ADCO does great work. I have used them for a couple of center fire AR uppers.

I have owned the regular 15-22 and the PC 15-22. I still own the PC model as I could not afford to own two of them but in hindsight the PC model is not worth the added cost for what you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom