• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    I have background in sales and management in retail, but I wanted a change so I went back to college and finished my degree in business management with a minor in Homeland security from UMUC. I am looking for job in the Homeland security field. I was told by my adviser that with the combination of a business degree and Homeland security I should have no problem getting in with the government, managing an office or something like that. Well I graduated last December and still here I sit. I did not finish off my Homeland Security hopping that the government would pay me to go back if they wanted me to. I will work six days a week if need be I just need a chance to prove myself, but nobody will give me that chance.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Not unemployed but looking for part time work

I have a full time job so if I'm breaking rules here, I apologize (please delete my post if it's breaking a rule). I'm looking for a part time job, preferably in security.
    I have three years military, one year in Iraq (2003-2004) doing mostly convoy security and supply. Worked for two years as a DoD armed guard. Left in July this year for my current position. Graduated the DoD academy (DT, active shooter, OC, M9, 12 GA, first aid/AED/CPR, etc). Currently have a top secret clearance.
    I work really long hours M-F and am really looking for something to do on the weekends.
    I know a lot of you don't have jobs at all and please forgive me if I'm out of line posting for a second job.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    While not looking for work i am looking for people who would be interested in part tims employement in retail. Main areas I would be looking for are hagerstown, frederick, possibly moco.

Must have a valid drivers license, be able to pass a background and drug test, and over the age of 18.

If you or someone you know are looking please contact me as we are looking to fill our spots asap.

WarVet762

Dec 14, 2011
    VA
    Part Time

Hello all,

I've posted on the Jobs Board before, but maybe my post would have been better directed here. I have over 10 years of firearm repair/gunsmith experience both military and civilian. I have also worked retail, warehousing, lumber distribution, roofing, custom home construction, apartment renovation, lock smithing and fast food. It took a while to find my niche :D. I am seeking part time employment with any of the above fields who may be hiring. I've filled out over 40 applications to places in the last year, and only one call back which was a no-go due to it being misadvertised as a part time gig when it was actually full time. If anyone has any leads or interest in a jack-of-all-trades master of none, please feel free to post a reply or via PM. God bless.

Hello Everyone,

I have B.A. degrees in Economics and International Studies from Johns Hopkins University. I have some experience in fundraising from working as a non profit representative for the school as part of JHU Phonathon, and I was a contributing writer for the JHU Newsletter. I have a working knowledge of Spanish, am proficient in the use of telecommunications software, and proficient in the use of Microsoft excel. Due to my research on the effectiveness of short sale bans on the 2004 SEC Pilot program, I am also capable of using Stata. I know that this stuff is very basic, but Ione has to start somewhere. I have been unemployed since I finished with a series of medical procedures in April 2012 and have yet to find a position. At this point I am willing to do anything that will involve me getting paid legally, preferably in the Baltimore area. I have a wilingness to learn and am hardworking and organized. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I'm looking for part time work. I'm currently a third year law student at the University of Baltimore. I have BSes in entrepreneurship and legal studies from Indiana University. I have retail experience in liquor stores. I'm looking for something around Baltimore city or around Bethesda.

tenex

Oct 23, 2008
    Retail Sales, Firearms

Retail Sales, Firearms

Realco Guns Inc.
    6108 Marlboro Pike
    Forestville MD 20747

We are looking for one sales person to complete our team. We offer a unique opportunity for a motivated and detail oriented person with an interest in firearms. Candidates must be good communicators, personable, conscientious and reliable, with experience in retail sales or other work with the public. Also, good handwriting some computer literacy and moderate typing skills are requested. An established interest and some depth of knowledge in the field of firearms is required. A military background is often beneficial. Our employees frequently remain with our company for many years, some stay for decades. We seek someone interested in similar longevity.

This position entails a great responsibility to the community and requires compliance with many laws and regulations. We abide by all laws and you will be instructed in their application. You must be over 21 and have no criminal record and be rigorously ethical. Our commitment to customer service is what has always separated us from the competition and accounts for our 40 successful years in the firearms business. Applicants should be interested in maintaining that tradition of excellence.

Duties include:
    Customer service
    General sales
    Clerical (assisting with forms, data entry, record keeping, filing)
    Receiving, unpacking and stocking merchandise
    Inventory
    Light cleaning and maintenance (vacuuming, dusting, etc.)
    Shipping
    Phone reception
    Phone notifications
    Security

Benefits:
    Starting salary $12.00 per hour.
    Full time, 10 hour / 4 day work-week,
    BC/BS healthcare stipend and one week paid vacation after first year of employment.
    Employee discount

Please submit resume to info@realcoguns.com and include a brief statement of interest and compatibility.

Thank you for your interest.

Kingwilliam

Mar 8, 2013
    Kingwilliam

Moved to Maryland about a year ago so no experience in this state. Have held operations manager position at last job, assistant store manager job before that, wahrehouse manager befor that, and was automotive tech for many years before that. Can provide full resume when needed. Any questions please feel free to ask me by email. williambrownrigg@yahoo.com

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    Army Veteran, recent college graduate (BS Business Management). I have specialized skills in heathcare that won't transfer over to the rest of the world except customer service skills, computer skills, and excellent work ethics.

Bense

Jun 14, 2008
    Recently moved to the Hancock area.

My husband is looking for a job.

Retired Marine ( Infantry)

Has delivered pizzas, worked in an art gallery, worked for SC Department of Transportation - fork lift training, has CDL, can operated various pieces of equipment.

Likes being outdoors.
    Aversion to computers.

Thanks!

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    In Grasonville area, Im looking for office work & maybe retail. have experience with all office equip, dependable, honest. full time or part time and maybe with benefits.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    Automotive sales for 13 years. Managed an AAmco shop for 2 years. Currently unemployed.

I also do not have a problem changing careers. Very dependable and a hard worker.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Hello all,

I have a background in sales management with some customer service as well. A little over 3 years of management experience and 8 years in sales. I've never met a number I couldn't hit.

I build strong teams and also have no problem writing/developing processes and training guides.

All of my experience is in the finance field with some consumer banking. If you need someone or know someone that does, shout!

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    Part Time...

I already have a full-time job, just looking for some part-time work after the normal job during the week or weekends...

I have a degree in Graphic Design, worked for a printing company for over 3years and have been working in the sign department of an "adult beverage company" since 2008...

Just bought a house and things are really tight and we are looking for a way to loosen that a grip a little bit and I don't mind working late into the night...Thanks!

revwood

Cynical Optimist
    Feb 2, 2012
    Kent Island
    Subcontracts / Procurement Management

Accomplished contracts professional with Masters degree and 18+ years of hands-on, cradle-to-grave experience administering multi-million dollar Government subcontracts and procurements.

11 years experience in departmental management.

Civilian equivalent to DAWIA Level III certification in Acquisition Management.

Extensive experience in training / mentoring.

Possess a strong background in contract and subcontract administration, negotiation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements and Subcontract Agreements.

Strong knowledge of FFP, T&M, CPFF, CPAF, IDIQ contracts, GSA Schedules, FAR/DFAR.

Experience with Deltek GCS Premier, Deltek CostPoint, and SAP Accounting / ERP systems.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Ok, I'm looking to switch companies!

15+ years in IT. I've done a lot of development, with plenty of SQL Server work and I've dabbled in the hardware side of things. I'm looking for a developer, development manager, network admin, help desk, or SQL DBA position. I currently have an active clearance.

.NET, MS SQL Server, did web development at my last job, would like to work in MoCo if possible.

I'm currently thinking of pursuing another career, in anything automotive-related, specifically sales - if possible. It's one of my passions.

Please PM me and I'll send over my contact info and resume.

Thanks,

John

Feb 25, 2013
    Mechancial Design/Fabrication

My resume will show a demonstrated history of mechanical engineering solutions as well as HANDS ON fabrication in a machine shop environment operating CNC and manual machines. I am seeking either a mechancial engineering or engineering tech position. I am NON DEGREED. I have 15 years experience.
    Feel free to request a resume.

Thanks for the chance to post.

wehtay@yahoo.com
    Please use subject header of:
    MDShooters

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04