• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nk02442

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 28, 2011
    WARPIG [USMC];1149585 said:
    Just curious if anyone on this forum has any profession in any of these fields our something similar...

How do you go about getting a job like these? Where do you look/start? What kind if education our experience does it require?

Reason I ask: I'm a combat vet. I have tactical training from my days in the infantry, and I'd love to acquire a job where some of these skills could be put to good use. I'm still relatively young (28) and I still have the GI Bill at my disposal. I'm currently working at a retail store and its not my cup of tea, to say the least.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips or experience that they could pass along.

Unless you were SOCOM, Medic, or Scout Sniper in a Reccy company, pretty much nil. Way to many real operators out there who are willing to work for 100k a year now that the wild wild west days are over. Add the ending of the wars and the writing is on the wall. Go to school or learn a trade.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Just letting you know about TC, I dealt with a couple of their guys.

Like most here stated they are all prior USSOCOM(sp), so just 03 or 11X won't get you there.

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    the company I used to work for only hired guys with 5 yrs of SOCOM or SWAT experience as there are just far to many guys with these backgrounds and so many companies that the market is completlely flooded. A few years back one with Spec Ops background could expect contract pay at 100 an hour, and then it dipped to 50-70 an hour, and then again. A friend, with probably some of the best experience worked for Tiger Swan and was only pulling 50 an hour.

Also contracts are being yanked up by foreign companies... all those former specnaz guys need jobs too

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    Get yourself a college degree. Kicking in doors is going to be a hard job when you're 40-50 years old.

This is probably the most sound advice I've read. Unless if you still shower with a group coin in your cheek, I would just get the education and go LEO, maybe you will be young enough to get on a warrant apprehension and/or SWAT. Otherwise you can always reenlist for a line and paragraph number in SF.

Sergeant Rock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dynacorp still has 1 year contracts for missions in Iraq, $150k plus $25k sign on bonus if you complete your year and its tax free.

as stated above, unless your among those that have Special Operations training and experience your chances are pretty much 0. besides, its not what you see in the movies....... nobody really wants to live that kind of life for so cheap anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom