Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 16th, 2018, 07:47 AM #1031
Let Freedom Ring

Let Freedom Ring

It's rumored that Mueller gave Comey immunity, and that partly explains why Comey is so talkative and confident.

If Mueller did, why?

Is he givivng Brennan and others in the conspiracy immunity, too? Rosenstein?

Comey gave Hillary's lawyer and aide immunity, too. From what? In return for what?

The conspiracy of immunity givers and recipients are having quite a circle jerk while undermining the Constitution and committing sedition, aren't they?

There already is a revolution underway, actually a bloodless coup in slo mo, but almost nobody except Devin Nunes, Matt Gaetz, and a couple other patriotic but powerless Republican congressmen are even trying to stop it.

Ryan is sleeping with the enemy and Gowdy has thrown in the towel.
JPFO
Jim12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 09:22 AM #1032
Cocker Dad

Cocker Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim12 View Post
It's rumored that Mueller gave Comey immunity, and that partly explains why Comey is so talkative and confident.

If Mueller did, why?

Is he givivng Brennan and others in the conspiracy immunity, too? Rosenstein?

Comey gave Hillary's lawyer and aide immunity, too. From what? In return for what?

The conspiracy of immunity givers and recipients are having quite a circle jerk while undermining the Constitution and committing sedition, aren't they?

There already is a revolution underway, actually a bloodless coup in slo mo, but almost nobody except Devin Nunes, Matt Gaetz, and a couple other patriotic but powerless Republican congressmen are even trying to stop it.

Ryan is sleeping with the enemy and Gowdy has thrown in the towel.
We sure have come a long way since Ryan was pushing old ladies in wheel chairs off cliffs.
CrueChief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 12:24 PM #1033
If I only had a brain....

If I only had a brain....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
But that's not how it will happen. First the government will mine the logs of every FFL in the country and every state government firearms database to see who has what. Next you will be sent a letter telling you you have X number of days to turn your firearms in to a designated collection point. If you fail to do so your paycheck will be withheld by the IRS and maybe a lien on your home. If that doesn't convince you friendly agents from a federal law enforcement agencies will meet you at work, or shopping, or church and put the shiny bracelets on you (and maybe any other adults living in your home since they would also have access to your guns) and off to jail you will go until you come clean with the whereabouts of your firearms. They are not going to accept stories of losing them in a boating accident or other fantasies...They aren't going to kick in your door...there are no where near enough of them...but they can certainly "convince" you to give them up...

At the point this starts is the breaking point for me (and thousands of other Oath Keepers and 3%ers)..
All you have to do is look at health care..... Taxing you is exactly how they will accomplish other things. What are you going to do, take all your money out of the bank? Maybe for personal, not gonna work for your retirement savings. The digital age is both a blessing and a curse.
bkuether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 01:55 AM #1034
R.I.P.

R.I.P.

VDH nails it ...

Victor Davis Hanson: The True Threat to America’s Civil Liberties Is It’s Law-Breaking Intelligence Apparatus

Quoting T.S. Eliot - This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.

Quote:
It is willful blindness for progressives and NeverTrump Republicans to overlook what has happened only to damn what has not happened. The dangers in America are not from transparent right-wing authoritarians (who are easily spotted in their clumsiness), but from mellifluous self-styled constitutionalists, whose facades and professions of legality mask their rank efforts to use any anti-constitutional means necessary to achieve their supposedly noble egalitarian ends.
I'll take exception to Victor Davis Hanson's T.S. Eliot quote. Should the intelligence apparatchiks who seek Trump's removal succeed, there will be much, much more than a whimper, but that's not their goal. Their goal is to continue this farce until September (according to Rudy Guliani), long enough to damage Trump's 'brand' going into the mid-terms, where the DemocRATs have vowed impeachment upon winning.

Should THAT happen, it will be the next 'shot heard round the world'. Failing America's wish to 'drain the swamp', our real enemy, the deep state, will need to be routed and righted ... by any means necessary.

Proverbs 17:27-28

NRA Life Member
GOA Member, NAGR Member
SAF Life Member, JPFO Member
NSSF Member, MSRPA Member
MSI Executive Member
MD Designated Collector, Utah CCW

The Patriot Picket
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo
EL1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 05:48 AM #1035

Hanson is an extremely lucid writer and thinker firmly grounded in relevant history.

I first saw him speak an event in Washington a very long time ago on the ancient hoplite citizen army. I was interested in the history of the tactics, but he went well beyond it, with a fascinating and convincing discussion about how such citizen forces, and everything from the way they fought and the way they ended fighting aided in creating culture and social cohesion amicable to Democracy.

I see he has a column up at Reason.com, I strongly suggest everyone read his work, including his seminal books, which are approachable even for persons not initially familiar with the subjects he is covering.

I tend to agree with him that it will be a whimper. the US press, media and long term communications culture are no longer just co-opted by governance (See NY Times writer Mark leibovich's "This Town" book on DC ") but fully a core element of the swamp.

We used to have a system of governance experts centrally accumulating and centralizing power -- it was called feudalism and empires. Yet as we it again raising its head, any resistance or critique is defined as "nationalism" "nationalist populism" and reactionary, as the increasing undemocratic center accumulates more and more power and sheds accountability to the populaces.

And even the question of an armed populace, a proven for thousands of years including today, deterrent to government tendencies toward tyrannical actions tendencies that will always be present in any governance, including democratic ones, is defined by the media as "seditious."

The point and it really is missed in this thread, is the simple act of promoting an armed law abiding citizenry IS what reduces the risks of confrontation and violence in politics.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 08:17 AM #1036
Extinguished member

Extinguished member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
Hanson is an extremely lucid writer and thinker firmly grounded in relevant history.

I first saw him speak an event in Washington a very long time ago on the ancient hoplite citizen army. I was interested in the history of the tactics, but he went well beyond it, with a fascinating and convincing discussion about how such citizen forces, and everything from the way they fought and the way they ended fighting aided in creating culture and social cohesion amicable to Democracy.

I see he has a column up at Reason.com, I strongly suggest everyone read his work, including his seminal books, which are approachable even for persons not initially familiar with the subjects he is covering.

I tend to agree with him that it will be a whimper. the US press, media and long term communications culture are no longer just co-opted by governance (See NY Times writer Mark leibovich's "This Town" book on DC ") but fully a core element of the swamp.

We used to have a system of governance experts centrally accumulating and centralizing power -- it was called feudalism and empires. Yet as we it again raising its head, any resistance or critique is defined as "nationalism" "nationalist populism" and reactionary, as the increasing undemocratic center accumulates more and more power and sheds accountability to the populaces.

And even the question of an armed populace, a proven for thousands of years including today, deterrent to government tendencies toward tyrannical actions tendencies that will always be present in any governance, including democratic ones, is defined by the media as "seditious."

The point and it really is missed in this thread, is the simple act of promoting an armed law abiding citizenry IS what reduces the risks of confrontation and violence in politics.
You need to post more and more often.

...even sans pictures.

The more folks I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Those who would give up their freedom for security will end up with neither...
Nnztg8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 08:20 AM #1037
Confederate Jew

Confederate Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
.... I tend to agree with him that it will be a whimper....
So Queen Amadilla was wrong?

Very interesting read.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 08:39 AM #1038
Удачи!

Удачи!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruby View Post
So Queen Amadilla was wrong?

Very interesting read.
LOL

https://local.theonion.com/man-with-...art-1826236224
Zzzzz_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 09:01 AM #1039
Take Back America!!

Take Back America!!

Another vote for 'whimper'...

Between the compliant leftists, the complicit media, and the complacent sheeple, the collapse--should it come--will be unnoticed by the people we see out front on a daily basis.

It falls to the rest of us to make the noise... but most won't.

"Do the right thing, because it's the right thing to do."
- Me

I am the enemy of no man. For those who think otherwise, more's the pity.

If you find yourself with nothing better to do, do something better.

'Nice' costs you nothing.

Member: MSI Exec, NRA-Life, GOA-Life
MD Designated Collector
Mr H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 09:40 AM #1040
R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Hear, Hear !!!

Quoting rascal ' post above ... "The point and it really is missed in this thread, is the simple act of promoting an armed law abiding citizenry IS what reduces the risks of confrontation and violence in politics."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr H View Post
Another vote for 'whimper'...

Between the compliant leftists, the complicit media, and the complacent sheeple, the collapse--should it come--will be unnoticed by the people we see out front on a daily basis.

It falls to the rest of us to make the noise... but most won't.
Most ONLY recall the last 5 words of Heston's speech, but listen closely to his lead up and decide whether we smell the smoke in the air of our Concord Bridge ... and will act BEFORE we're required too. Vote wisely in November or ...

Attached Images

Proverbs 17:27-28

NRA Life Member
GOA Member, NAGR Member
SAF Life Member, JPFO Member
NSSF Member, MSRPA Member
MSI Executive Member
MD Designated Collector, Utah CCW

The Patriot Picket
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo
EL1227 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues