• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Thanks for the reminder. I cut my finger with garden shears recently and the folks at the urgent care used what was basically a tube of medical grade super glue since it wasnt bad enough for stitches.

I meant to buy some from Amazon for my first aid kit but forgot

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks for the reminder. I cut my finger with garden shears recently and the folks at the urgent care used what was basically a tube of medical grade super glue since it wasnt bad enough for stitches.

You can use super glue on wounds, as long as the skin isn't under tension.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    You can use super glue on wounds, as long as the skin isn't under tension.
    I had about a 2 1/2" long incision just below my knee from surgery to remove a bone spur that had penetrated the bursa underneath the patellar tendon. Can you say ouch????

Anyhow, when I asked about how long the stitches would stay in, the ortho laughed...just let the butterflies fall off. Incision was glued shut and then covered with butterflies.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD

I've used super glue on several deep cuts while my wife yelled at me that I need stitches.

She was wrong...worked great.

I keep a tube in my get home bag.

hermyjoe

Feb 5, 2012
    riverdale md
    home depot sells "liquidskin pro" it's in the safety aisle with goggles and first aid kits. two pack of single use tubes. I think it was 5 bucks or so. I carry them in all my bags and kits

hermyjoe

Feb 5, 2012
    riverdale md
    The only bad I have heard about was from a friend that told me. "it scabbed over and the skin covered a chunk of super glue" later he had to cut skin to squeeze it up and out. still worked though

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I had laparoscopic abdominal surgery and the peritoneal layers were sutured, but the 4 or 5 slits in the skin were all glued together. Held up pretty good.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    If large, could I use a butterfly and superglue?
    I had about a 3" long surgical incision just below my knee on my shin. Glued and butterflied.... can't hardy see it. Plus two small slits on either side of it.....they were all glued.

Surgery to remove bursa, started out arthroscopic and ended open due to a bone spur on my shin that had speared it.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I use glue for many of my surgical incisions.
    However, we have to close the tissue and skin in layers under the glue. The glue is used to hold the edges of the skin together.
    We never use the glue or similar products under tension to bring the skin edges together.

I tried the surgical version of the Zipstitch a few years ago. I didn't like it. Many patient's had reactions to the adhesive and a few developed skin injury from it. Today, if I had a wound in the field, i would consider using the Zipstitch as a temporary closure until I can get the patient/injured person to a place where I can do a correct sterile closure.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I go through a ton of liquid bandage. If it bleeds too much, I use TP and electric tape, TP helps with the clotting. Then after it has stopped bleeding liquid bandage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom