• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Guys I know that the new xl750 are out my question is what's a fair price on a Dillon 650 with case feeder and strong mount with 1 caliber kit with it. Press has everything else also. No upgrades just a bone stock press.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That's ~$900 of stuff at current pricing. So maybe like $750-$800 used?

Will say that the strong mount wouldn't be worth much to me, the Inline Fab quick-change mounts are superior in most ways.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Is the caliber kit one you want? $600 IMO. I won't pay 80% or more of the original price as a matter of principle.

How is the inline fab mount superior? Looks to me like it accomplishes the exact same thing.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    How is the inline fab mount superior? Looks to me like it accomplishes the exact same thing.

IMO the in-line fab components are more rigid and flexible than the stock Dillon components.

Dan uses thicker steel and has quick change plates which allow you to easily and quickly change out devices. His elevated mounts also come in a wide variety of heights. Further with in line components you can easily mount non-Dillon reloading tools.

I chose the flush mount for my current bench and use quick change plates to swap between a Yost vise and my 550.

ee9dd84833a93799c1116b8b5ffdad76.jpg

I store the press in the dock when I’m using the vise. You can see the dock screwed into the wall above the bench. The vise gets stowed there when the press is mounted.

5d2559044fabe11a96cfa319fe64ad4e.jpg

Bobcat armament out of Indiana has a fairly robust business in used Dillon presses. May be a good validation point for pricing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I was but now I’m think of getting a 1050. Not sure what I want to do. I came across one but it sold already.

The 1050 is a great machine. I only load 9mm on the 1050 and I wish I had gotten it years ago.

I have toyed with the idea of selling my 650 to get a new 750 but never really made my mind up.

If you may be interested in a 650, let me know. If you are interested in checking either of them out, let me know

Also, Bob Mancer in Pomfret is a Dillon dealer, his business is Maryland ReloadR. I'll have to dig a number out for him.

But, he has all the machines set up in his shop and can tell you more about them then I probably can.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    With the Dillon no-BS unlimited warranty, used don't sell for much less than new.

I don't see a lot of reason to change from my 650 to a 750. But that is me.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    The 1050 is a great machine. I only load 9mm on the 1050 and I wish I had gotten it years ago.

I have toyed with the idea of selling my 650 to get a new 750 but never really made my mind up.

If you may be interested in a 650, let me know. If you are interested in checking either of them out, let me know

Also, Bob Mancer in Pomfret is a Dillon dealer, his business is Maryland ReloadR. I'll have to dig a number out for him.

But, he has all the machines set up in his shop and can tell you more about them then I probably can.

I know Bob he is good people! I do have a 650 already was looking at a second one or getting a 1050. Now I’m leaning towards a 1050.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you are going to bulk reload rifle, the 1050 really seems like the only way to fly, especially since it does the swaging on press.

The problem with the 750XL is that it's currently problematic to use it with a Mr BulletFeeder, which is basically a deal killer if you're trying to really crank through 9mm at high speed. I am not quite there yet, but I like having the option.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    If you are going to bulk reload rifle, the 1050 really seems like the only way to fly, especially since it does the swaging on press.

The problem with the 750XL is that it's currently problematic to use it with a Mr BulletFeeder, which is basically a deal killer if you're trying to really crank through 9mm at high speed. I am not quite there yet, but I like having the option.

I didn't know that there was an issue with the 750 and the Mr. bulletfeeder. Thanks good to know in the future because I was thinking about selling the one I have and upgrading to the 750. Now I'll just keep it and get the 1050. With me and my wife plus 3 boys ages 14-24 I'll be going through a ton of 9mm.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I didn't know that there was an issue with the 750 and the Mr. bulletfeeder. Thanks good to know in the future because I was thinking about selling the one I have and upgrading to the 750. Now I'll just keep it and get the 1050. With me and my wife plus 3 boys ages 14-24 I'll be going through a ton of 9mm.
    Yeah, it's pretty weird, but they mention it on the page - it's a positioning issue:
    https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mr-bulletfeeder

I have my 650XL on an Inline Fab QD mount, but I'm CONSTANTLY loading 9mm, so it never actually gets pulled out. If I ever spend some big boy money and buy a 1050 (used?), it'll be my rifle machine for 223 and 308... one head for sizing/trimming/swaging, one head for loading. It'll be glorious-ish.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I thought about this also but 1050 seems like the way to go!

1050 does not have the same warranty, as it is considered a commercial machine.

The Dillon Super 1050 reloader has been designed as a commercial machine. ... All Super 1050 machines are warrant- ed for life from defects in material or workmanship, plus a one-year, 100% warranty against normal wear.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    1050 does not have the same warranty, as it is considered a commercial machine.
    This is true, but I've also heard that Dillon is still pretty good about servicing it even past the one year. They just don't want to be in a position where someone's doing commercial loading (probably with autodrives), wears the hell out of the machines after five years, and then demands new ones. You doing 20-30k a year on one is small potatoes to them.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Agreed. I have heard of Dillon covering 1050s. They KNOW what things break when running autodrives, and will stop supporting you.

I need access to a 1050 set up for 9mm. I am willing pay some rental.

I have a BUNCH of 9mm military once fired brass. I would like to either load it, or at least decap/swage on a 1050 for speed.

I asked Dillon at the Great American Show, and the guy looked at me, and said, we have a 30 day money back guarantee. Hmm, no, I would not do that.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I've have actually heard of people buying used 1050's off of eBay and the have come in broken due to the use of auto drives and Dillon fixing them for fee. Which is amazing customer service.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    I've have actually heard of people buying used 1050's off of eBay and the have come in broken due to the use of auto drives and Dillon fixing them for fee. Which is amazing customer service.

Yeah, they usually do—it’s just not guaranteed like it is for the other ones.

Realistically, I’m hard pressed to make a 1050 put out more rounds per hour than a 650. I just haven’t been able to do it for 45 Auto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom