• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Hearing was in July. The policy change took place August. All I know is I received a brand new, unrestricted permit that came seven months before expiration. I really don't care how it happened.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hearing was in July. The policy change took place August. All I know is I received a brand new, unrestricted permit that came seven months before expiration. I really don't care how it happened.

The distinction is important. OAH has a limited sample size but their results have definitely skewed in favor of MSP. And skewed is being nice, they really are a rubber stamp.

milwriter

Oct 21, 2013
    Bethesda
    Certificate out of date

Quick question, and please forgive if this is in the wrong area, but hoping someone in this thread could help...

I want to apply for my carry permit now, but I completed the training 3 years ago (cert says June 2016 completion). Since certification has to be done within 2 years of application, is there a way to update that certification w/o going through the full 16 hours again? Anyone been in that situation before? Suggestions?

Thanks for any insight...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Quick question, and please forgive if this is in the wrong area, but hoping someone in this thread could help...

I want to apply for my carry permit now, but I completed the training 3 years ago (cert says June 2016 completion). Since certification has to be done within 2 years of application, is there a way to update that certification w/o going through the full 16 hours again? Anyone been in that situation before? Suggestions?

Thanks for any insight...

Nope. You're in for it. I'm within my time limit to renew with just the shorter 8 hour class, but I combined that with the 16 hours needed to get my DC permit while I was at it. Just have to pick an instructor that can certify both.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Mine was "Accepted" or "Submitted for review" (depending on which page you look at on their portal, but the change after they receive my check) over 5 weeks ago and nothing since then. :(

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    yay, it application was "accepted" today!

Just wanted to post i put in for my W&C today online, i will send the money order/check tomorrow. Just documenting to see how long this process will take :) i can't believe they did this onlien system without an online pay

Submitted paperwork online 24 Oct 2019

UPDATE: Made payment in person today at the licensing office. 25 Oct 2019.

UPDATE2: Status was updated to "Application Accepted" on 28 Oct 2019

UPDATE 6 Dec, got a email to set up my interview, will happen next week...

interesting... i hit up my references, none of which got a call. anyone experience this?

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    UPDATE 6 Dec, got a email to set up my interview, will happen next week...

interesting... i hit up my references, none of which got a call. anyone experience this?

They didn't call all of my references. I think it depends on the investigator and the conversation with the references.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    What sort of process would one who lives out of state have to do to apply and go through the ringer? I am already covered on my G&S reasoning as long as being a 1099’d sub contractor is acceptable.

Do I have to take a MD course before applying even if I have a valid license in another state? If so, what exactly do I need to sign up for?

Visit MSP for finger prints?

Does anyone have pictures of the actual updated application in blank form to read over?

Firstwarrior

Aug 30, 2019
    What sort of process would one who lives out of state have to do to apply and go through the ringer? I am already covered on my G&S reasoning as long as being a 1099’d sub contractor is acceptable.

Do I have to take a MD course before applying even if I have a valid license in another state?

Does anyone have pictures of the actual application in blank form to read over?

AFAIK. You have to go through the entire process, as well as have a damn good reason. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstwarrior

Aug 30, 2019
    They didn't call all of my references. I think it depends on the investigator and the conversation with the references.

Same. Mine said “I talked to all your Ref’s” but only 2 people said they actually got through to him not voicemail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Do I have to take a MD course before applying even if I have a valid license in another state? If so, what exactly do I need to sign up for?

Does anyone have pictures of the actual updated application in blank form to read over?

MD issues permits to non residents but you must have G&S just like residents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom