• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    So I got an email from Palmetto about some very nicely priced blemished AR lowers that are availible, and seeing as how I missed out on the group buy (again) and I don't care if they have a scratch here and there, I'm thinking about jumping on a couple of these.

My question is this. Exactly how does this work? I know that they have to be sent to an FFL, and that I must fill out all the pertinent paperwork, btu how do I go about doing so? Do I just go to an FFL and tell them I want to order the lowers and they give me the paperwork and take care of the rest or what?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So I got an email from Palmetto about some very nicely priced blemished AR lowers that are availible, and seeing as how I missed out on the group buy (again) and I don't care if they have a scratch here and there, I'm thinking about jumping on a couple of these.

My question is this. Exactly how does this work? I know that they have to be sent to an FFL, and that I must fill out all the pertinent paperwork, btu how do I go about doing so? Do I just go to an FFL and tell them I want to order the lowers and they give me the paperwork and take care of the rest or what?

talk to your local ffl you want to use.. have them call/fax palmetto with their ffl license info after you purchase. they mail the lower to your ffl and you do the paperwork.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    talk to your local ffl you want to use.. have them call/fax palmetto with their ffl license info after you purchase. they mail the lower to your ffl and you do the paperwork.

Yep, that's how I did it.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    talk to your local ffl you want to use.. have them call/fax palmetto with their ffl license info after you purchase. they mail to ffl and do the paperwork.

I see. So if I understand this correctly:

1. Get in touch with FFL. Arrange for them to send license after I make the purchase through the Palmetto website.
    2. Make Purchase through website. (with FFL's shipping address?)
    3. Inform FFL that purchase has been made. FFL sends license.
    4. Go to FFL and do the paperwork.
    5. Waiting period...
    6. AR Lowers!!!!

Does that sound about right?
    Thanks for the clarification. I've never done this before.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

1. Get in touch with FFL. Arrange for them to send license after I make the purchase through the Palmetto website.
    5. Waiting period...
    6. AR Lowers!!!!

yes! :thumbsup:

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    the AR lower is considered "the firearm"

you can get other parts shipped to your house but the lower requires the FFL

Yep. I was just unclear about how to go about getting them since they couldn't be shipped directly to me.
    :)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I think you mean a Designated collector, the C&R has nothing to do with the 30 day wait.

what he said..

2 can be purchased at the same time and papers filed.. but you have to wait 60 days if you dont have DC before you can buy another regulated firearm

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD

5. Waiting period...
    6. AR Lowers!!!!

Don't forget 3.5: wait for PSA shipping lag ;)

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    J-Dog...Without a C&R They would make You wait the 30 days for the second one to be picked up.

You mean Designated Collector, right? But thanks for reminding me that I need to get my butt in gear and fill out my C&R paperwork. :)

I told my wife about my plans last night, and decided that she wants one as well. So, we'd probably buy her one, registered to her, and one for me, registered to me. In fact, I'm not allowed to have one unless she can have one too. Love that woman.

I just wanted to get one or two of them bought to build over the next year or two before somebody makes them illegal. Too bad they are sold out. I missed out on the last group buy because of lack of funds.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Don't forget 3.5: wait for PSA shipping lag ;)

I've ordered ammo from them before. Yeah, it takes them a few days to ship, but I'm not super concerned about that since I'm in no rush to build the rifle. Just want to get the recievers in the safe before the AWB comes down again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom