• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Remember to lock your cars folks.

'Tis the season, right?

Last night, at least two of my neighbors (N section in Bowie) had things stolen out of their cars. Both were unlocked. My one neighbor got the whole thing on his security camera. Two guys, one on each side of the street, going up into each driveway on the street and checking car doors. They even popped the trunks to check in there.

I didn't have anything taken because I pretty much never leave anything in the car and I'm kind of obsessive about locking things. But I did see on the security footage a guy walking out of my driveway, no idea what else he was doing up there besides checking the cars because it was out of frame but it's disconcerting to know that someone was there, just an hour after my wife and I went to bed.

So, just a reminder to lock your stuff up and don't leave anything in the car that might be tempting to take. I'm sure if they saw something good they wouldn't have hesitated to smash and grab.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Thefts

So many thefts in Bowie they've resorted to a rolling billboard to remind people to lock there car doors. They are planning a large apartment complex in Bowie that if passed will turn Bowie into Laurel, and that's not a good thing in case you don't know.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So many thefts in Bowie they've resorted to a rolling billboard to remind people to lock there car doors. They are planning a large apartment complex in Bowie that if passed will turn Bowie into Laurel, and that's not a good thing in case you don't know.

Bowie is a big place ... what part of Bowie? By my estimation, Bowie is about 8 miles north/south ways.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    after living in apt's and townhouses from time to time, so happy/fortunate to have a place well off the beaten path where there are zero passers-by and most don't want to venture way down our driveway. we haven't had a single trick or treater in 15+ years!

had a town house in reston years ago and was broken into once and very disconcerting to know that some miscreant was walking all through your house, shopping and snooping, and yes stealing.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD

Correction, it is LaurHell. Been here in West Laurel since July 1984 and have seen lots of changes...none that that are worth a damn.

Read this post because I have a good friend who lives on Maycheck Lane in wonderful Bowie. He keeps me posted on the goings on in Bowie and vice versa.

One thing we have in common is our distaste for pukes, the breakins, thefts, stabbings and killings that have become so common.

Neither of us can get a CC permit, but that's of lessor concern to us as we have extensive military training, and we've had multiple tours in Vietnam, and are "well prepared" 24/7 to disrupt any turd's day who gets our ire up, day or night. Remember, you don't need a permit to take care of business!

Be safe and thanks for the heads up on the activity down that way.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam (s), Germany

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Bowie is a big place ... what part of Bowie? By my estimation, Bowie is about 8 miles north/south ways.

My guess would be south Bowie since it seems they're not done ruining and making it impassible, yet.

Last edited:

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    My guess would be south Bowie since it seems they're not done ruining and making it impassible, yet.

This particular incident happened right around the Bowie Towne Center, in the Mitchellville area. Soo... middle western Bowie?

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    So many thefts in Bowie they've resorted to a rolling billboard to remind people to lock there car doors.

Maybe they borrowed them from Vienna, VA.... last time I was there they had those signs all over. If you stay around at night, on the back streets, you see why... not a lot of lights.

Last time I had my car broken into while in Silver Spring, I was glad I left my door unlocked... the 5 other people who did not, had bent window seals and busted windows because the idiot did not know how to properly jimmy the lock. :sad20:

Thieves.. :tdown:

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Remember to lock your cars folks.

'Tis the season, right?

Last night, at least two of my neighbors (N section in Bowie) had things stolen out of their cars. Both were unlocked. My one neighbor got the whole thing on his security camera. Two guys, one on each side of the street, going up into each driveway on the street and checking car doors. They even popped the trunks to check in there.

I didn't have anything taken because I pretty much never leave anything in the car and I'm kind of obsessive about locking things. But I did see on the security footage a guy walking out of my driveway, no idea what else he was doing up there besides checking the cars because it was out of frame but it's disconcerting to know that someone was there, just an hour after my wife and I went to bed.

So, just a reminder to lock your stuff up and don't leave anything in the car that might be tempting to take. I'm sure if they saw something good they wouldn't have hesitated to smash and grab.

I think there are two schools of thought. One is lock your car. The other is to leave it open and let them take what whatever they want. The first school will get their window smashed if there is something they want. I had a friend get their window smashed because there was a handicap hang tag they wanted. Windows tend to be more expensive than anything I have in my car.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    This particular incident happened right around the Bowie Towne Center, in the Mitchellville area. Soo... middle western Bowie?
    We used to live near there.. mitchellville road and Mt oak.. townhouses right across the baseball field. Glad we left that area.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    One thing to think about if you are shopping at a mall. Lock your car with a key. When you use your remote you are sending out a radio signal. That signal can be received, copied and then use to open your car.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have to chime in here, Locks haha, 2 years ago, Bowie town center, 12 noon on a Sunday, 3 guys popping locks and robbing cars with one driving ... 4 broken into to be exact including mine. 60 lb subwoofer, the stereo, backpack, laptop, etc. Point is they did not care who saw them, people were standing around taking pics of them going car to car. I was making a Starbucks run for the parents so about 15 minutes and done, I missed the whole thing.
    They knew the Local LEO's were across town! Four of us were told to wait at Best Buy for the police to arrive which took 30 minutes! Crooks knew it.
    Locks ha ha ha I live in North Bowie or some old timers may know it as Crofton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom