• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Hey now, I got the plate number of the guys that were slinging dope out of the vacant house next door about a month and a half ago. Who, according to the detective are still sitting in jail because they couldn't post bond. That's gotta count for something, right? :)

I'm keeping an eye out for him. If I see him again, I'm definitely snapping some pics and getting the plates. But I didn't see him again. The wife did and she was driving to work and couldnt stop to fish her phone out of her purse.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    The detective called last night to let us know that the increased patrols haven't spotted anything out of the ordinary. That was very nice of him to do.

We haven't seen anything strange since the weekend either. Maybe they have moved on?

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    That's why I miss my dogs. My parents took them when my daughter was born.

My Shar-pei was the mean one. My Pitbull just looked mean.

But, any time someone came to our door the dogs would rush it. It was pretty funny watching people shit themselves when I opened the door.

Need to review my current setup and see where I can improve my security.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I will pass this on to a few co-workers that live in the Bowie area.

This type of crap is why I have 12 cameras on the outside of my home and 4 inside. The cameras in conjunction to the alarm system and neighbors that we know should help deter a would be burglar.

You literally have as many cameras as I do, although I have more than 4 inside :D.

To OP, I wouldn't go budget with cameras. Nothing more infuriating than seeing something was done, but not seeing clearly enough to see who did it. I got most all my gear from this site (http://www.cctvsecuritypros.com/) and ran everything myself. Since I live a good ways back from the main road, I'm trying to work in a license plate reader camera for anyone who goes in and out of my driveway with text alerts of the image. I had used a motion activated wild-life camera strapped to a tree, but after enough seasons it quit working.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Well, went to Lowes and spent a little money on a motion light for the back yard (in addition to the 4 on the front of the house) and a new deadbolt for the back door that keys on both sides (no breaking the glass and reaching through to unlock the door). Both installed now.

The local PD called my wife back to let her know that they'll be running patrols through our neighborhood and down our street specifically 3 times a day. So that's good.

Now I think its time for dinner, cooked with my good friends Smith and Wesson on my hip. :)

A day in the life of an MDshooter :party29:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I'd save the water bottle so you have his DNA and fingerprints.
    (Maybe I watch too much TV :rolleyes:)

I don't know about dna but how hard could it be to lift prints from those bottles and run them? Given most criminals are repeat customers here in MD wouldn't this give them a name real quick? Likewise if they hand you a pamphlet or something? So cops do that at TTY he homeowners request?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Haven't seen hide, nor hair of anything suspicious in some time. And we've not been called by the detective again.

Regarding the prints on the bottle, yeah, I'm sure they could pull prints from it easily if they wanted to.

However, the officers responding to my past calls about a car full of guys doing drugs in the driveway of the vacant house next door didn't even walk up and look at the plastic bottle they left containing a roach butt and reeking of pot. I even asked if they were going to. Nope. Seems like prints on something containg drug pariphanallia in addition to photos of the suspects and their license plate in the immediate vicinity of said pariphanallia (where they had no business being) and statements of two eye witnesses would have been good things to have. But I'm not a cop, so maybe not? Might be overkill for trespassing and I guess what would amount to a minor posession charge. I'm guessing that they had other offenses that trumped those.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    Interesting. I don't live in Bowie, but a few days ago I noticed a pair of youths stop at the end of my driveway, drop an opened water bottle, step on it to flatten it, then laughing about it (maybe because of how it splashed water, it seemed) they walked away.

But I live in an area which has had break-ins before. We've been told one thing they do is watch those free papers that get delivered. When they find a driveway with a few of those it may indicate to them the home owners may be out of town.

So, I've made a point of regularly picking up anything that doesn't belong on my yard (including that water bottle). Need to tidy it up anyway. Potentially increasing security is a bonus.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Damn. I placed my own half full water bottle on my front lawn 2 weeks ago and no visitors yet :( ;)

sent from somewhere in the world.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Damn. I placed my own half full water bottle on my front lawn 2 weeks ago and no visitors yet :( ;)

sent from somewhere in the world.

The water was stale. I stopped by, emptied it out, and put new water in. I'm sad you didn't notice. Your neighbors are friendly. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom