• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I got capped on buying gun parts a few years ago after I went way over budget on my 6.8. So after squirreling away silencer shop gift certificates from Christmas and birthdays I saved up almost enough to get my 30 cal can. The last few days of scraping my change jars and ashtrays for coins I have just enough for a silencer co saker and the 200 tax.

I went back and forth between the griffin recce 7 and the saker. I really wanted either a omega 36 or the paladin but I just couldn’t swing it.

It will mostly live on my 300blk pistol but I also want to run it on my 5.56, my obnoxious ar 308 and 6.8. I have to decide weather to a direct thread attachment for the 5/8x24 30 cal guns and get the mb in 1/2x28 that comes with it for the 5.56 guns.

Problem is I already pinned and welded a gemtech quick attach on the 6.8 in anticipation of getting a gemtech one can.

Figured I’d share that because I’m excited to get into the nfa world. Not excited about the wait though.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Enjoy your first NFA purchase. The wait sucks but goes by quickly as long as you put it out if your mind and accept that I could be 15-16 months. Will probably be half that but better to be pleasantly surprised than to waste your time worrying about it.

Cans are fun. I prefer to suppress everything I shoot.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I got capped on buying gun parts a few years ago after I went way over budget on my 6.8. So after squirreling away silencer shop gift certificates from Christmas and birthdays I saved up almost enough to get my 30 cal can. The last few days of scraping my change jars and ashtrays for coins I have just enough for a silencer co saker and the 200 tax.

I went back and forth between the griffin recce 7 and the saker. I really wanted either a omega 36 or the paladin but I just couldn’t swing it.

It will mostly live on my 300blk pistol but I also want to run it on my 5.56, my obnoxious ar 308 and 6.8. I have to decide weather to a direct thread attachment for the 5/8x24 30 cal guns and get the mb in 1/2x28 that comes with it for the 5.56 guns.

Problem is I already pinned and welded a gemtech quick attach on the 6.8 in anticipation of getting a gemtech one can.

Figured I’d share that because I’m excited to get into the nfa world. Not excited about the wait though.

Then I would get a Gemtech can. Either that or it will cost you $$ to get that muzzle device changed (if it’s even possible)
    Just curious, unless you were trying to meet minimum OAL, why would you pin and weld a QD muzzle device in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    more than half way through the wait ( i hope ! ) bought a radical firearms ss30 in may from gymrats , hoping by tax time ( fingers crossed ) .

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Gemtech seems to be a dying brand these days. What a poor custodian their purchaser proved to be. I'd eat the cost and go with a company that provides better service than Gemtech at this point. Unless you find a screaming deal on a gemtech one then sure.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Then I would get a Gemtech can. Either that or it will cost you $$ to get that muzzle device changed (if it’s even possible)
    Just curious, unless you were trying to meet minimum OAL, why would you pin and weld a QD muzzle device in the first place?

To make a long story short. When I was putting my 6.8 together the only barrel arp had in stock was a 14.7”. Me being impatient I got it to move forward with my project. PWS was selling there gemtech compatible triad mb for half the cost of the gemtech md so I got it with plans to buy a gemtech one down the road. I pinned and welded it to get the legal 16” barrel on the rifle.

Removing it and pinning a new brake is not a issue. I have welding and machining experience so as long as I’m careful removing the pin and then clean the threads up, it should be good.

Btw I had more change than thought laying around so I ordered a omega last night. I’m super excited.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    To make a long story short. When I was putting my 6.8 together the only barrel arp had in stock was a 14.7”. Me being impatient I got it to move forward with my project. PWS was selling there gemtech compatible triad mb for half the cost of the gemtech md so I got it with plans to buy a gemtech one down the road. I pinned and welded it to get the legal 16” barrel on the rifle.

Removing it and pinning a new brake is not a issue. I have welding and machining experience so as long as I’m careful removing the pin and then clean the threads up, it should be good.

Btw I had more change than thought laying around so I ordered a omega last night. I’m super excited.

There you go. Awesome. You will not be disappointed with the Omega.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The Omega is probably in between Sandman S and Nomad on a tuned semi auto, but it is a relatively high backpressure can. Sounds great on a bolt gun and probably meters better than either in that use. Also rockstarr try not to get analysis paralysis because I can 99% guarantee that while you are waiting for whatever can you decide on, something "better" will come out that you want more. My apologies if I am reading the questions you keep asking about dead air wrong, but it seems like you might be having trouble deciding on something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom