• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Yo, compadre, you started a thread that's gone four pages already. Dude, you should be pleased, chief.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    Derailing your thread? You just opened yourself up by saying that. I'll give you a heads up. It is ok for you to derail others threads, but they can't do it to yours? One word: Hypocrisy.

So let's take stock of all of my sins.

I shared an experience I had shooting ammo for my home defense purposes.

I defended people who were being singled out as unfit to serve their country.

I said I liked a lube.

It may seem like more than that to some, but not backing down for the fact that:

-The Ammo test and results happened.

I don't believe in discrimination.

The lube works great. -

Doesn't make me a troll.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So let's take stock of all of my sins.

I shared an experience I had shooting ammo for my home defense purposes.

I defended people who were being singled out as unfit to serve their country.

I said I liked a lube.

It may seem like more than that to some, but not backing down for the fact that:

-The Ammo test and results happened.

I don't believe in discrimination.

The lube works great. -

Doesn't make me a troll.

You owe my employer a new monitor and keyboard. I spit tea all over the desk from reading that and laughing my ass off.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    So im seeing parallax offering his opinion on a lube he's used that he thinks is good, immediately followed by people being overt dicks to him. He seems to be taking it with a sense of humor and rolling on politely. How about just go read somewhere else in the forum if you're not interested in his opinion, or provide facts as to why this lube is bad and others are better without being dicks to the new guy?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    http://www.breachbangclear.com/fake-science-********-and-your-favorite-gun-lube/
    Im going to toss this in here and say I just use synthetic motor oil because it's cheap and works good enough. By the time my guns wear out, the money saved using a jug of motor oil instead of expensive stuff could probably just buy me a new gun... Similar to how using cheap steel ammo could save me enough to just buy another barrel by the time this one wears out from.it.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    So im seeing parallax offering his opinion on a lube he's used that he thinks is good, immediately followed by people being overt dicks to him. He seems to be taking it with a sense of humor and rolling on politely. How about just go read somewhere else in the forum if you're not interested in his opinion, or provide facts as to why this lube is bad and others are better without being dicks to the new guy?

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    http://www.breachbangclear.com/fake-science-********-and-your-favorite-gun-lube/
    Im going to toss this in here and say I just use synthetic motor oil because it's cheap and works good enough. By the time my guns wear out, the money saved using a jug of motor oil instead of expensive stuff could probably just buy me a new gun... Similar to how using cheap steel ammo could save me enough to just buy another barrel by the time this one wears out from.it.
    That's usually my MO too. Save money here, shoot more, replace parts as needed and still be in the black.

I don't blame folks for using mobil 1 whatsoever. I think if anything the lube I mentioned may be better served under specialized uses, if someone needs to try a new one, this should make the list. I don't know what chemically makes it different from anything else, I just like the results. I'm not a chemist.

I've used CLP, Mobil, gun butter, frog lube, Ed's Red(the ATF/K1 mix) and a host of forgettable other lubes from samples to actual purchases.

I'd buy some of them again, I just wanted to share my results here in case anyone was looking for new options.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    That's usually my MO too. Save money here, shoot more, replace parts as needed and still be in the black.

I don't blame folks for using mobil 1 whatsoever. I think if anything the lube I mentioned may be better served under specialized uses, if someone needs to try a new one, this should make the list. I don't know what chemically makes it different from anything else, I just like the results. I'm not a chemist.

I've used CLP, Mobil, gun butter, frog lube, Ed's Red(the ATF/K1 mix) and a host of forgettable other lubes from samples to actual purchases.

I'd buy some of them again, I just wanted to share my results here in case anyone was looking for new options.

I'm fairly sure I still have a tube of tetra grease somewhere hidden in the nooks and crannies of my gun bench. I had given militec a shot, and then literally shot it...like as a target... when I read up more on it and saw it sucking on my own guns. It was a "f-it" impulse buy back in the day. Now I like to find hard facts on the lube I toss on the guns... which is easy to do with car lubes... and just use cheap ones that work good enough. I do usually clean car oil off and use a dedicated preservative oil, like rust prevent, when stowing the guns away that aren't expected to be used for defense... since car oils tend to be hygroscopic.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I'd love some feedback for what exactly I did wrong on this post, because I can't exactly see what warrants the arbitrary nay-saying.

IMO you didn't really do anything wrong, but you should understand these basic MDS ground rules:

1) Don't talk about, review or solicit opinions on gun lube.
    2) Don't let anyone know that you secretly doubt that .40S&W will bounce off of someone's chest.
    3) Don't mention that viable alternatives to the AR15 exist or may possibly exist in the future.
    4) God himself developed the Aimpoint.
    5) The Devil begat cyclists, who begat pitbulls.
    6) When presented with overwhelming video evidence of wrongdoing of any kind, the only acceptable reply is "I'll wait until we have all the facts."
    7) Commit to buy trumps PM's.
    8) The ignore button exists for a reason.
    9) The MSP Licensing division is the World's largest procurer of Magic 8-balls.
    10) The answer to any math related question is always 3%.

There are others, but this list will get you started :lol2:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    IMO you didn't really do anything wrong, but you should understand these basic MDS ground rules:

2) Don't let anyone know that you secretly doubt that .40S&W will bounce off of someone's chest.
    3) Don't mention that viable alternatives to the AR15 exist or may possibly exist in the future.
    6) When presented with overwhelming video evidence of wrongdoing of any kind, the only acceptable reply is "I'll wait until we have all the facts."

:lol: That should be in a sticky!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

:lol::lol2:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I wasn't trying to trash anyone just interject critical thinking and cost savings. This lube is $16 per 100ml mobil1 which is let's say $8 a quart (950ml per quart). So is this product almost 20 times better when it appears to be made from almost the same or similar ingredients? That is what I am getting at. Chad will a test there are some very good lubes but why pay 20 times more for product that maybe only 2 times better

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I wasn't trying to trash anyone just interject critical thinking and cost savings. This lube is $16 per 100ml mobil1 which is let's say $8 a quart (950ml per quart). So is this product almost 20 times better when it appears to be made from almost the same or similar ingredients? That is what I am getting at. Chad will a test there are some very good lubes but why pay 20 times more for product that maybe only 2 times better

You provided facts, as did some others. I apologize if you thought I meant you or others just offering factual counterpoints. That discussion was interesting and fact based. U aiight.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

There is your answer.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD

My guess would be with that 2x better performance you're getting some R&D costs. It's hard to compete with a giant like Mobil. I'm sure they could eventually charge less for their product but they have to cover their overhead.

I dunno. I ain't mad, It's a valid point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom