• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    I bought this lube for about $16 on Amazon for a 100ml bottle about 2 months ago and have had tremendous success with it. It's incredibly good at staying where you apply it, as advertised. But it's not incredibly thick.

I've since put it into service in several firearms, it has quieted the actions and made everything function flawlessly. Honestly, I love this stuff. A little goes a long way as well.

To test I used 4 drops in an AR after a complete de-grease and cleaning and have put 2,000 rounds of various ammo through it without so much as a hiccup. Granted, it's a nice rifle, but 4 drops in the action and it's still slick.

I've also found that 2 drops distributed evenly in the buffer tube keeps the spring noise to a minimum.

Has anyone else tried this lube before?

It's pretty cheap considering it's performance IMO, try it out.

8bff495bbe23823fd2799c08c07b8867.jpg

55a1962e5265e0ecfcb83b1e8cbdaf14.jpg

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    an interesting search result when you put the ingredients in this lube are googled;

Base Oil - Highly Refined , Methacrylate copolymer , Residual Oil, Petroleum Solvent Refined.

From what I can gather is it is just a synthetic oil with nothing special in it since its MSDS only list the ingredients above.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    From the folks behind it:

https://www.awtllc.net/weapon-lubrication

It's thinner than axle grease, and I've used Mobil 1 synthetic, I know a lot of people swear by it and it does work. All I can say is that I prefer the performance of this oil to Mobil 1.

Amazon has some pretty spectacular reviews too.

I found the product to work really well, what may sound like another expensive gimmick has paid for itself with quality and sustained use. I just thought I'd share it with the group.

People should use what works for them, but if you're looking for a new product, this is my suggestion.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    From the folks behind it:

https://www.awtllc.net/weapon-lubrication

It's thinner than axle grease, and I've used Mobil 1 synthetic, I know a lot of people swear by it and it does work. All I can say is that I prefer the performance of this oil to Mobil 1.

Amazon has some pretty spectacular reviews too.

I found the product to work really well, what may sound like another expensive gimmick has paid for itself with quality and sustained use. I just thought I'd share it with the group.

People should use what works for them, but if you're looking for a new product, this is my suggestion.

Which is fine but their MSDS sheets say its nothing more than synthetic oil. there is no special ingredient. If it is nothing more than synthetic oil $16.00 per 100 ML is a little high

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    Which is fine but their MSDS sheets say its nothing more than synthetic oil. there is no special ingredient. If it is nothing more than synthetic oil $16.00 per 100 ML is a little high
    The polymer used in the oil is likely what causes its ability to stay in place without sacrificing its lower density compared to grease.

I agree $16/100ml is high, it feels as though it's worth it once you see how well it performs. But I digress.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Eh, more super magic snake oil.

Want some truly amazing performance from your firearms? Lube them with Rocksett, and let them sit for 24 hours. It'll blow your mind. ;)

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    Eh, more super magic snake oil.

Want some truly amazing performance from your firearms? Lube them with Rocksett, and let them sit for 24 hours. It'll blow your mind. ;)
    See this right here is something you all should jump on as a bad tip. Emoji or no, that's just irresponsible

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I'd love some feedback for what exactly I did wrong on this post, because I can't exactly see what warrants the arbitrary nay-saying.

You enthusiastically endorsed an overpriced gun-lube product without having data to back it up as superior to just generic oil or grease. About once a year there is another shill who comes here and does the same.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    You enthusiastically endorsed an overpriced gun-lube product without having data to back it up as superior to just generic oil or grease. About once a year there is another shill who comes here and does the same.
    Do I really need to state that I don't profit from its use in any way? Cmon man. I posted the site from the manufacturer which has such data within it.

It works well, better than Mobil 1 in my opinion. So if you're going to tell me it doesn't based on their MSDS, generic terms for proprietary ingredients, not your extensive use of the product, it looks like we're in for a long day.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    See this right here is something you all should jump on as a bad tip. Emoji or no, that's just irresponsible

Deflecting, because you were called out, isn't the smart thing to do. It'll make the adjustment worse in the long run.

The emoji says to everybody that it was sarcastic, and not to be taken seriously.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The guys here telling you that Mobil 1 is just as effective, HAVE been using that method for YEARS now. Suppressed, unsuppressed, low and high round counts.

I use to be the biggest supporter of SLIP2000 EWL, until I actually tried the Mobil 1 method. I haven't bought gun lube since. As I have enough Mobil 1 available to last me the next 5 lifetimes.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    Deflecting, because you were called out, isn't the smart thing to do. It'll make the adjustment worse in the long run.

The emoji says to everybody that it was sarcastic, and not to be taken seriously.
    C'mon man, this thread isn't the least bit ridiculous to you?

There was context to that comment, so I don't know that the emoji was absolutely needed. But I'll be sure to use it next time.

And if people are operating under the assumption that I'm a moron, telling me or anyone to use rocksett is reckless.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Reckless? If someone on a gun forum is going to take that joke as gospel without researching it first, then that's on them.

I'd gladly buy that roached firearm in a heartbeat. I have soak tanks and hot water, and the following morning I'd have a new toy in the inventory. :)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    C'mon man, this thread isn't the least bit ridiculous to you?

There was context to that comment, so I don't know that the emoji was absolutely needed. But I'll be sure to use it next time.

And if people are operating under the assumption that I'm a moron, telling me or anyone to use rocksett is reckless.

Just throw the rifle in the bathtub full of hot water if you use rocksett for lube and let it sit for a few hours.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Do I really need to state that I don't profit from its use in any way? Cmon man. I posted the site from the manufacturer which has such data within it.

It works well, better than Mobil 1 in my opinion. So if you're going to tell me it doesn't based on their MSDS, generic terms for proprietary ingredients, not your extensive use of the product, it looks like we're in for a long day.

Just because you tested it a few times, doesn't mean it is better than Mobil 1. You perceive it to be better, when the MSDS says it is the same thing as Mobil 1.

I'm sorry, but when it comes to lube testing, I'll trust a gunsmith over anybody else. Especially if he has tested damn near every single lube he can get his hands on. His tests aren't just a few applications, he tests it for a longer period of time than a handful of applications.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Reckless? If someone on a gun forum is going to take that joke as gospel without researching it first, then that's on them.

I'd gladly buy that roached firearm in a heartbeat. I have soak tanks and hot water, and the following morning I'd have a new toy in the inventory. :)

Dammit, you beat me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom