• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I am on vacation in Texas right now, or I would post a picture.....Hey Joe, post your picture (again).

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Okay. Admittedly, I don't do "alarm systems". But I'm familiar with the technology - as much of it "crosses over" into my industry.

How does a cell phone interfere with an alarm system?

BTW - the term "security system" when referring to an "alarm system" is a misnomer. "ALARM systems" DO NOT provide any "security". They just let you know when your security has been breached. "Security" is proactive. An "alarm" is reactive.

(Sorry folks. "Pet peeve" of mine.)
    :)

Their words, not mine. We all know that the idea of a cell phone setting it off is ludicrous, but they believe it to be true.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    "Come on man".

I know we all recently fell off the technology truck, but "come on man", what kind of BS is that?

Sorry, but there are plenty of other ranges that genuinely want my business, so I'll never go there again. Nor will I send anyone else there.

Morons make my head hurt & how do you spell moron...Select Fire!!!

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Those clowns were such assholes fifteen years ago when I went there for the first time that I swore I would never set foot in Select Fire ever again in my life.

And I haven't.

ebxgsxr

Apr 3, 2011
    near BWI
    BTW - the term "security system" when referring to an "alarm system" is a misnomer. "ALARM systems" DO NOT provide any "security". They just let you know when your security has been breached. "Security" is proactive. An "alarm" is reactive.

(Sorry folks. "Pet peeve" of mine.)
    :)

that is a perfect explanation:thumbsup:.

ebxgsxr

Apr 3, 2011
    near BWI
    Those clowns were such assholes fifteen years ago when I went there for the first time that I swore I would never set foot in Select Fire ever again in my life.

And I haven't.

Same for me....

that's why i was wondering. i stopped going years ago. i was by the target there & thought about the place. so i started reading reviews & kinda read the same thing, but i wasn't if things have or have not changed.

Mx121

Jan 26, 2013
    Severn
    I go there. Yeah their assholes till they get to know you. Gotta remember their location is near the Baltimore line so can you imagine the people they have to deal with.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I go there. Yeah their assholes till they get to know you. Gotta remember their location is near the Baltimore line so can you imagine the people they have to deal with.

An a55hole is an a55hole regardless of their getting to know anyone.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

BS. I've seen a lot worse at MSAR and they don't act that way.

Macol

May 30, 2011

Seriously, that is no excuse.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

So when you go to Dicks or Bone Fish Grille right across the street do you get treated badly too?

I shot there once over the summer just to see what all the fuss was about.

It was really, really hot in the range.

Instead of "no head shots" why not just get some longer cardboard if you're worried about someone blasting the target carrier?

Anyone who works retail or service should practice good hygiene and wear something presentable. I don't care if you change tires or pump septic tanks. I don't blame the guy working there as much as the guy who owns it. A small business owner should know better.

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    I was there once a few years ago. The guy in there was arrogant, and really tactiCOOL. Waste of time, I will stick with ontarget.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    ok....ok........., I'll come clean. My buddy once blew off the target clip by hitting the shield covering it on the trolley with my .44 mag. No head shots is my fault..... sorry. Ruined it for everyone. :innocent0

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    So when you go to Dicks or Bone Fish Grille right across the street do you get treated badly too?

I shot there once over the summer just to see what all the fuss was about.

It was really, really hot in the range.

Instead of "no head shots" why not just get some longer cardboard if you're worried about someone blasting the target carrier?

Anyone who works retail or service should practice good hygiene and wear something presentable. I don't care if you change tires or pump septic tanks. I don't blame the guy working there as much as the guy who owns it. A small business owner should know better.

Yet they sell targets with a target area that is higher on the paper than the "head" of the silhouette target. They are truly a vacuum of logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom