• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    A friend of mine wants to sell some handguns, rifles and shotguns at Auction in PA (prices have been very good lately) but he lives in and most are either 4473'ed or 77R here. Does he need an FFL from this state to move the firearms to an auctioneer (FFL) in PA. I'm a little rusty on this one. Thanks Chris

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    As long as the auctioneer is a FFL I can't see any reason why there would be a problem.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Your friend does not need to have a FFL. He just needs to use one in PA to handle the transfer.

Your friend can legally ship the firearms or hand deliver them to a FFL in PA. It is legal for a PA FFL ro receive firearms from a MD resident, BUT some FFL's have policies that wont allow an out of state non licensee to send them guns.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    If he is thinking about using Redding's Auction Service, they have an FFL that they work with and will take in out of state firearms from a non-FFL, to sell at auction, My cousin used them to sell my late uncle's collection. They often combine firearms from several estates into one sale or if a collection had a lot of examples of a particular firearm, like my uncle's did, they will split them up into several auctions, as to not drive the prices down by flooding the market with too many of the same firearm at one sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom