• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ^^THIS. Asked and answered many times

*****Would it be appropriate if one were invited to a Thanksgiving dinner at a fellow MDS members home to bring say a case of 9mm ammo in lieu of a store bought pumpkin pie, 2 liter bottle of Coke and chips and salsa?

Some of us don't cook much but don't want to come to a dinner someone else spent hours cooking up without bringing something or other...

Asking for a friend... :innocent0

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    *****Would it be appropriate if one were invited to a Thanksgiving dinner at a fellow MDS members home to bring say a case of 9mm ammo in lieu of a store bought pumpkin pie, 2 liter bottle of Coke and chips and salsa?

Some of us don't cook much but don't want to come to a dinner someone else spent hours cooking up without bringing something or other...

Asking for a friend... :innocent0

Dinner is at 6

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you will bring a case of 9mm, you can come to my house for dinner ANY TIME. :D

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Now that prices are lower and ammo seems more available I'm think about adding more to the stock pile or should I wait a little longer . I'm concerned mostly about 762x39 since I don't reload for it since it was cheap

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Now that prices are lower and ammo seems more available I'm think about adding more to the stock pile or should I wait a little longer . I'm concerned mostly about 762x39 since I don't reload for it since it was cheap

I wouldn’t get too comfortable. If you find prices that are fair continue to stock up.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I wouldn’t get too comfortable. If you find prices that are fair continue to stock up.

I see prices as somewhat reasonable compared to a year ago. And I get emails from a few places that seems to have a steady stream of new inventory.
    Since Stupid Joe cut off Russian 762x39. I know that it won't be in few effect for some time since licenses have been approved but after that is what I'm concerned about. I don't shoot my AK's much anymore but I don't want to my supply run low.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I see prices as somewhat reasonable compared to a year ago. And I get emails from a few places that seems to have a steady stream of new inventory.
    Since Stupid Joe cut off Russian 762x39. I know that it won't be in few effect for some time since licenses have been approved but after that is what I'm concerned about. I don't shoot my AK's much anymore but I don't want to my supply run low.

Hopefully domestic production keeps up with demand but might not hurt to pick up a case. Don’t think we’ll ever see it below .20 cpr again.

https://miwallcorp.com/tula-ammunition-7-62x39-22-Grain-full-metal-jacket-1000-rounds-case/

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo

Haven't been keeping up with current ammo news..actually going the other direction as I get older. AK food hard to find???

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD

I'm hoping the new PSA ammo plant picks up a lot of the market for cheap 7.62x39 ammo. I currently have seven 7.62x39 rifles to feed.

I will miss the green and red box Barnaul, though, as most of my rifles shoot that stuff great.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Haven't been keeping up with current ammo news..actually going the other direction as I get older. AK food hard to find???

It was during the peak of Covid now it's somewhat available but I see it drying up like when they cut off imports of China. I loved those SPAM cans for cheap
    I miss the days when you could buy a SKS and a couple of cans of ammo at a gun shows and spend less than 200.00

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Dollar cost average buy smaller quantities at regular intervals. Budget a certain amount of money each week or month and regularly buy. As prices drop you will get more rounds, point your purchases to where you need more inventory and buy what is available. eventually you will build enough inventory and the average price will be reasonable.

Last edited:

Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    Dollar cost average buy smaller quantities at regular intervals. Budget a certain amount of money each week or month and regularly buy. As prices drop you will get more rounds, point your purchases to where you need more inventory and buy what is available. eventually you wild enough inventory and the average price will be reasonable.

Pretty good idea. Thanks!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dollar cost average buy smaller quantities at regular intervals. Budget a certain amount of money each week or month and regularly buy. As prices drop you will get more rounds, point your purchases to where you need more inventory and buy what is available. eventually you wild enough inventory and the average price will be reasonable.

A good thing to do is set up a separate account for ammo buying. When it gets the the point there is enough to buy a case of something you shoot, buy it.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Not reading 30 pages but, the answer depends on you.

If it is for bug-out only, then you only need to stock as much as you can reasonably carry.

If it is for bug-in, then more.

If it is for bug-in or bug-out, and you shoot a ton recreationally, then even more.

Just depends on you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom