• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    I usually don’t rant. But I have to on this one.
    Beginner / Intermediate Practical Pistol Clinic being held at AGC.

In order to participate YOU
    MUST be an AGC badge holder.
    MUST be holster certified.

How do you expect to bring new shooters into the AGC or join clubs with requirements like this.

Someone just staring out, looking to understand how to use their gun properly and you throw all these requirements to participate in learning how to handle a firearm the proper way.

I don’t think there’s another Range that holds these types of classes that has a requirement that you must be a member to participate. If I’m wrong, I do apologize.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    It's a benefit to members. Plenty of clubs have closed classes/clinics. Join and you can come.

And like DutchV says, it's not for new shooters, it's for those looking to improve in action shooting. Plenty of instructors teach basic pistol classes at AGC that are open to the public.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    How do you expect to bring new shooters into the AGC or join clubs with requirements like this.

Someone just staring out, looking to understand how to use their gun properly and you throw all these requirements to participate in learning how to handle a firearm the proper way.

It's a benefit to members. Plenty of clubs have closed classes/clinics. Join and you can come.

Spot on knowotny, this is a benefit to we are offering to all AGC members.

Ja43k let me introduce myself as the VP of ARPC who is hosting the event you are talking about. Most of our events are open to prospective members and new members, and we offer many opportunities shooting and with action shooting. Our static events are a great way to build marksmanship and familiarity with your firearms or check out some of our members. Our action shoots include Tuesday Night Steel and 2/3 Guns and are a great way to build these skills. If you are seriously interested in improving your skills I welcome you or anyone else who is interest out to our shoots. These shoots are a great way to get involved in the sport. Our membership requires you come to 3 meetings or events before you are eligible to join. This helps allow us ensure we create a safe and friendly shooting environment at our club shoots.

Here's a link to our club schedule for 2020... https://arlingtonrpc.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/arpc-2020-release-01022020.pdf

My email is listed on the last page of the schedule if you have any questions or PM me here, hope to see you at the range. Our next static shoot is on the 100y rifle range on 3/14/2020 from 0900-1500. Please check in and sign in with the club officers before bringing any firearms to the line.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    The badge holder requirement is for insurance purposes. The instructor is not an AGC CIO and therefore does not carry liability insurance. Badge Holders are covered under ARPC insurance whereas non badge holders are not.

Relax and consider buying a Range Badge.

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    I am a member of three pistol and rifle clubs in Maryland and a long term member of the AGC range. I am a certified NRA instructor in several disciplines and an RSO. However, even with this training I have much to learn and I will be attending a few of the Arlington Rife and Pistol meetings this year. I very good friend who is a current member and I have learned many firearm handling techniques from him. So my point is any level of training in the correct use and handling of firearms will be beneficial. Another benefit of being a member of the Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club is its meets one of the CMP requirements (the club requirement) that is needed if you ever thought of buying an M1 Garrand form the CMP. I intend on buying one this spring. Just a few thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom