• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So my daughter goes to West Middle School in Westminster. She said they had a lock down yesterday, and there was an ambulance and several police cars. My wife's friend texted her saying she heard on the scanner EMS was called in regards to a hanging. Haven't seen anything on the news, the Carroll Co Times or the school site or FB page. Anyone hear anything. To be proactive, we had a talk with my daughter last night. I remember midddle school having some drama, but from what my daughter tells us, it's just crazy now.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Heard the call too, supposed to have been a 12 yr old female. I don't think she succeeded.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I hope she didnt succeed. Sad. My daughter is 12 too. My wife had to contact the school last year when one of my daughter's Instagram friends kept posting suicide related posts, pictures and polls. She called the school's VP, and I printed out screen shots my daughter sent me. He deleted his account, and hopefully got the help he needed. My girl says he's still in school, which is good.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Suicides and suicide attempts in schools are usually not publicized. Occasionally there are entire series of them within the same school and publicity is believed to be a factor.

Last edited:

Sirex