• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I was a cop and that disgusts me. They're in deep doo-doo if they get convicted and incarcerated with some they've arrested...or even inmates they haven't arrested. They'll each become someone's bitch. They do not have a pleasant future.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    The fact that the media keeps parroting the statement that this was an “elite” unit is quite laughable, but also very sad.

On the one hand, there was probably very little that went into the selection process for this unit. At best, maybe a resume was submitted, there was possibly a “competitive” interview process and maybe a review of past ratings. At worst, command sent out word to pick people to work in this unit. Who knows? Another aspect, what extra training made them so elite? At best, they would’ve gotten extra 4th amendment training, since they’re undoubtedly going to do searches and Terry Stops. Maybe some other general reasonable suspicion things. Nothing that would certainly qualify as elite.

As far as sad, I feel that this is a method of painting all police as untrustworthy criminals because, “see? Even elite officers did this stuff! What can you expect out of the average non-elites?!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Where's Richard (Richie) Roberts when you need him?

PS: C4 talking about five drug dealers in the city who were being protected by Baltimore City police officers. Part of the above gang of eight? Or is this a new story?

Sounds like the city needs to up its recruitment game a bit.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    And people wonder why so much hate for the police. Residents are disarmed, only the corrupt and criminals carry weapons.

Forget the gun show loophole or private sale loophole. There should be a special category called the corrupt cops loophole.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    Makes me sick when I read things like this, creates a distrust with the public and tarnishes our image.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Does that mean all of their arrests will now be overturned?

In any case they were caught, so something is working; I wonder how long their little crime spree went on before they were caught?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is very unfortunate with the type of negative media environment in which we live. Law Enforcement does not need more negative coverage. Most peace officers are simply doing their job and are not predatory or committing crimes.

Damn right! "Good cop" stories are as rare as hen's teeth.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I appreciate them only robbing people while on the clock. That was very thoughtful of them.

May 19, 2016
    And people wonder why so much hate for the police. Residents are disarmed, only the corrupt and criminals carry weapons.

Forget the gun show loophole or private sale loophole. There should be a special category called the corrupt cops loophole.

I'm pretty sure they didn't sell the stolen guns to their neighborhood FFL. All cops aren't bad but the bad apples really need to go. Everyone needs to be held to the same standard.

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    Sometimes I think we would have been better off if the Freddy Gray rioters were successful in actually burning the city down back in 2015...just when I think Baltimore couldn't get any worse.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I'm not a cop. But this pisses me off. and if I was a cop I would be boiling. Cops have a big enough pain in the ass job these days and then have to have this in the news. Terrible. Can we get some positive police news for a change??????

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm not a cop. But this pisses me off. and if I was a cop I would be boiling. Cops have a big enough pain in the ass job these days and then have to have this in the news. Terrible. Can we get some positive police news for a change??????

That wouldn't meet with the MSM's narrative. There is always good news involving police officers. But you'll never see that published or those stories told.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    That wouldn't meet with the MSM's narrative. There is always good news involving police officers. But you'll never see that published or those stories told.

If they are published, it’ll be a quick blurb at the end of a newscast or somewhere at the end of the local section of whatever newspaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom