• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I think I spelled it right ?

A young man ( my best friends oldest son & Biggfootette's long distance bf ) is relocating to Lith area . I know my usual advice of "Don't do it ! " , but in this case not apply.

After multiple sand box excursions, he completed his computer degree, and now is being hired by major multinational defense contractor with offices there.

His situation is starting at good paying position, but coming off being struggling student presumably doesn't have a bankroll strarting off.

I know that in those parts you can't generalize areas, and specific neighborhoods matter . Extrapolating from my direct knowledge, I'm thinking he'd be looking for reasonably close, and if farther distances, would want to the south to be closer to my daughter rather than farther.

He mentioned "apartment" , so that's a clue that seeking rental at present . Not sure if he is conversant with apartment vs townhouse in Maryland context .

Other than knowing his salary range, I don't know what he thinks his housing budget . Heck , I don't even have a clue to central Md going rates for semi-decent apt or low end townhouse. Give me a clue to that even if you don't a recomendation for him.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    it's linthicum ;) I worked in that area for a looooong time. possibly he could look at Lyn hill apartments on b&a Blvd. or even use apartments.com

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Don't know much about it but it's (or was) one of the better brubs. Since they let lootrail in... who knows? I had a good friend that lived on Cleveland Ave I think it was, he spent a lot of time at a membership pool they had there.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll repeat my general background questions.

What prevailing price ranges for :

Apartment barely above $#@!hole ?
    Mid range apartment?
    Low end townhouse ?

I've been homeowner in the country long enough , that I have no clue what it costs for urban/ suburban people to live .

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    How many rooms is he looking for? Does he want a single family home? Is he ok renting a room or a floor of a house? Not many apartment buildings around. One burned down a few years ago and is now a vacant lot. There is another one on Camp Meade Rd near the light rail tracks, and another above what used to be there pharmacy, I think its now a real estate office and I believe it has long term tenants that have been there for years. Some houses rent floors out and a few duplexes. A few houses had the 2nd floors or basements converted to rentals or were in-law suites that they now rent. Houses are for rent in the area also. Rent can range from $500ish to several thousand depending on what you want. I think there are some new stuff behind the movie theater.

My parents have a basement loft they rent out for about $650, it includes all utilities including internet, cable, and its own entrance. Someone on here was going to rent it, but they backed out last minute for some reason or another.

A mid range apartment, probably $850 to $1,200, if you can find one in Linthicum. A townhouse, not many in the area, but $1,200 +. A single family home could be $1,500 + I guess. I have seen some over $2k a month. I know someone else with a single family house they rent, I think its around $1,700 a month, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, and a detached 2 car garage with additional space in it, its rented though.

There are a lot of apartments in Glen Burnie, Severn, Ft. Meade, Hanover, etc. It all depends on what he wants and what he is willing to deal with. Linthicum generally has the small town feel to it.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    There are some brand new apartments that just went up in "old town" Elkridge called River Watch, I think. Right by the river, just west of the Furnace Inn and they look really nice. Not too far of a schlep over to Linthicum.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Cool guys ! At least I have enough background to have further conversation on his strategy.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The Ashberry apartments, right off Ritchie hwy just north of Jumpers hole rd. I don't know what 1 BR is going for, but my friend had a 2BR there and paid like $1,400 a month. You get what you pay for and it's pretty nice there. I won't list where he moved to, since he is paying 2k for a 2 Br just down the street. It reeeeeeal nice.

http://www.kcmapts.com/the-ashberry-pasadena-md

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    I live in Linthicum and it would be about as cheap to rent a small home. As a retired military guy it is a good neighborhood as it is very protective and very active. Lot of like minded people. It is the nexus of all roads; within 10 minutes you have access to 695, 295, 895, 95, 100, 97, and 32. 15 minutes gets you to 70 and 50. Good place to raise or start a family. Prices will be between @ $1800 and $2700 based on Zillow. Best of luck and I appreciate his service.

https://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Maryland/Linthicum/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom