• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDykstra

Sep 20, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I'm looking for private property where I can shoot .308 or 6.5mm out to at least 850m, ideally 1000m or more. I'll provide all the 550 steel gongs and silhouettes. Trying to find a place in Howard, Frederick or Carroll counties.

I'd like to shoot at least once a month. Probably weekends only but in varying weather conditions. Depending on quality of the location I'd be willing to kick in some cash on top.

Please let me know if you know of a location or parties that might be interested.

TheDykstra

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hey man it would nice and polite if you were to introduce yourself first in the new members introduction forum. I don’t own the land to create a private range, but if I did I would, want to make sure I really only had responsible persons who I trusted, shooting on my property. Obviously there is a ton of liability in this situation.

Good luck in your search, but I’m not optimistic that you’ll find what you are looking for.

Also we are all pretty good at reading posts here we don’t need to see them posted 3 times. Delete the extra ones so you can keep the responses organized into one thread.

If you do not find a private range, look at joining PNTC in WV. Use the search function and you’ll find out more.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    But he might be willing to kick in a few bucks. He seems willing to consider offers from people who are seriously interested in this opportunity he's giving them.

TheDykstra

Sep 20, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Hey man it would nice and polite if you were to introduce yourself first in the new members introduction forum. I don’t own the land to create a private range, but if I did I would, want to make sure I really only had responsible persons who I trusted, shooting on my property. Obviously there is a ton of liability in this situation.

Good luck in your search, but I’m not optimistic that you’ll find what you are looking for.

Also we are all pretty good at reading posts here we don’t need to see them posted 3 times. Delete the extra ones so you can keep the responses organized into one thread.

If you do not find a private range, look at joining PNTC in WV. Use the search function and you’ll find out more.

I'll post in the new members section. I put the offer in three locations that seemed the most likely to generate responses. I don't expect anyone to provide a location based upon a post it would require a personal meeting and a review of the location. It was a serious request and I do have the funds to purchase property if available (it's an option), I just need to find the right location.

TheDykstra

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'll post in the new members section. I put the offer in three locations that seemed the most likely to generate responses. I don't expect anyone to provide a location based upon a post it would require a personal meeting and a review of the location. It was a serious request and I do have the funds to purchase property if available (it's an option), I just need to find the right location.

TheDykstra

Didn’t mean to come off like an ass. I would love to find the place you are looking for. The big problem is you’ll have a hard time defending yourself against neighbors threatening nuisance lawsuits. I live in Ellicott City and directly behind my home there is an old farmhouse on maybe 15 acres behind my home. I hear them firing off sounds all the time and it doesn’t bother me but my neighbors are going crazy and are trying to organize the community to “do something”.

I saw you posted in another thread that you know about PNTC. I signed up on the wait list in early February and just got invited a few weeks ago. You should get on the waiting list anyway you never know how fast they may have an opening.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    It sounds like a good opportunity for some LR shooting. I’m surprised that a member would be willing to take on the associated risk.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It sounds like a good opportunity for some LR shooting. I’m surprised that a member would be willing to take on the associated risk.

***I don't think he's a member but I heard the Attorney General of Maryland has such a property in Central Maryland and it's a simple hearty handshake between gentlemen to grant permission for it's use in long distance rifle shooting at steel targets. It's something about giving back to the shooting community that supports his efforts towards safe and responsible gun ownership and also as an adjunct militia to our local MD National Guard in case of civil disobedience and unrest. He's a big 2nd amendment guy. Look at the pic below - even moms stand with him, along with (un-mentioned in the pic below..) apple pie bakers, mustache mousse salesmen, etc..

I'm betting it's probably him.. ;)

Attachments

• gun sense.jpg
      gun sense.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 127

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver