• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Grease monkey gloves half the price....breathable.....and more comfortable. Im done with mechanix
    for the record im not poo pooing your thread just giving a biased reason why I switched.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ill post an Amazon link later but they are black and not that stink holding super felt material

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'm sure the ones in OP's link are better quality than these, but if you need something similar but cheap just for home & auto work, Home Depot has these... $10 for 3 pair. I bought several packs expecting each to only last a few oil and/or brake changes, but I'm still using the first pair a year later. Palms are solid/durable, backs very breathable.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Firm-Grip-High-Dex-Glove-3-Pack-3101-96/202203753

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I'm sure the ones in OP's link are better quality than these, but if you need something similar but cheap just for home & auto work, Home Depot has these... $10 for 3 pair. I bought several packs expecting each to only last a few oil and/or brake changes, but I'm still using the first pair a year later. Palms are solid/durable, backs very breathable.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Firm-Grip-High-Dex-Glove-3-Pack-3101-96/202203753

I've tried those too and find them a good value,, along with the Harbor Freight offerings, often on sale @ $3 or so per pair. Sometimes they're free with a coupon from one of the NRA magazines or other publications. The only downside is you don't get to choose the color.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Which model of grease monkey gloves?

7d6dc9c0c8a4972c67b8bd7ef513f310_zps21dfd2f1.jpg

Also for the record I'm not comparing them for actual mechanics work. Shooting and search warrants they are great!!

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    A few years ago I bought a few pairs of the Blue Mechanics Gloves and when they got wet they turned my hands blue.
    The Black ones don't do that.

I had blueberrys hands for days.

AMStrick

May 15, 2012
    Port Tobacco
    Has anyone else had a problem with the Velcro on the Mechanix Wear gloves?

I use them for yard work and the Velcro lasts for about 2 days. Other than this I like the gloves. Tried a pair of Sthil work gloves, they had great Velcro but lasted 2 weekends of cutting and splitting fire wood before I wore a hole in the fingers. The Mechanix gloves stood up to the wood handling but the Velcro is not impressive.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    MPDC wears black gloves on duty? OMG its da militarization of da police!

They have Velcro and there scary.

Hahahaha we got no money, we got no food, OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF.

Seriously though OP I've had Hatch, 511, mechanix, fake me out brands, and everything in between.

If the purpose is shooting go with the grease monkey. They are super comfortable, breathe able, have more sensitivity, don't get that funk stuck in them, and are half the price.

I used them at least 6 hours a day 5 days a week and mine are awesome. If you buy a paid, wear a size large, and don't like them I'll buy them off you.......as long as there not broken.

If your chopping wood, getting in MMA fights, or constantly sticking your hand into fan blades then get a different pair of gloves......if its for shooting give them a try.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    I snagged a 3 pack of home Depot work gloves that are garbage but they were cheap I found a review on youtube of the excellent gloves mpdc4511 referenced I might have to snag a pair myself

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    My first pair of mechanix gloves lasted me almost a year.... wear them on the jobsite turning wrenches on pumps/pipe/equipment... haven't looked back on them since, even now that I am in management. My latest retired pair, wore out a hole in the fingers from chopping wood is the shooting pair now. Helps handle the 41mag....

But I have to admit, mine are the more expensive pairs....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom