• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I've used reloads from trusted companies like Black Hills before, but what about those companies making bulk ammo like FedArm, Octane, Freedom Munitions, etc?

Are they safe to shoot?

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Freedom Munitions is kind of expensive for factory reloads anyway. At least for .300

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Stay away from Octane. Late deliveries and their subsonics are not subsonic. Their alleged 9mm 147 and 300 blk 220 both go super sonic.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Stay away from Octane. Late deliveries and their subsonics are not subsonic. Their alleged 9mm 147 and 300 blk 220 both go super sonic.

Crap I just ordered their subsonic haha. A lot of people said they were decent on other forums.

What barrel length were you using?

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    9mm 8 1/2", 300 9". I think they were having some kind of production problems. It took two phone calls and a long delay for them to ship. The stuff shot, but it was not subsonic. This happened some time ago hopefully they have ironed things out and your order will be OK. With all the sales and rebates around I saw no reason to try them again. Let us know how your stuff works out.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have shot a metric crap ton of FM with no issues. The Hush ammo was good. But the 147 grain is subsonic so I just used that. I have not ordered from the since the reorganization.

If there was some IP, say in the Pikesville area who sold ammo and carried a decent 9mm sub at a good price, I am sure he move a lot of it....:rolleyes:

iam

Aug 13, 2016
    That is a shame to hear about Freedom Ammunition. I've purchased a lot of rounds from them and always had good luck.

I recently purchased 1000 rounds of blackout from FedArm. Ordering was straight forward and delivery extremely fast. I got 2 bags of 500 rounds each so that's different than the boxes that I'm used to getting but doesn't matter. The pricing was great at the time and I didn't see any awful reviews so that's why I picked them I'll try to give an update once I've fired some.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    That is a shame to hear about Freedom Ammunition. I've purchased a lot of rounds from them and always had good luck.

I recently purchased 1000 rounds of blackout from FedArm. Ordering was straight forward and delivery extremely fast. I got 2 bags of 500 rounds each so that's different than the boxes that I'm used to getting but doesn't matter. The pricing was great at the time and I didn't see any awful reviews so that's why I picked them I'll try to give an update once I've fired some.

I've heard some AWFUL reviews so I'm looking forward to your review

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I have always been happy with Freedom Munitions. I haven't purchased anything for a couple years because they don't have what I'm looking for at the moment I'm looking for it. I have plenty of FM ammo in my stash and had not any issues with any of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom