• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    Well sounds like I should try to get my hands on a 104. My heart lies with the vepr but the thumbhole stock just scares me away I can't stand how it looks

raider80

Nov 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Op check with Engage Armement they are an IP here and belive they are building slr104 clones from bulgarian parts kits. I dont personally own one but i looked at the first few builds and they looked solid. Plus they will customize to your liking. Ak pistols are an option as well hopping PM90 and WBP Lynx make it on the handgun registry soon. I beileve someone is released a PM90 with a standard rear tang and welded closed wire folder which would be easy to SBR or throw a M4 adapter on and brace it. And the Lynx has underfolder trunion which reciever could be drilled and use ak operators union m4 adapter to brace it. Unfortuatly its a pay to play situation but at least there are a few options. I like the looks of the AIM 74 atlantic firearms is building as well.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    Op check with Engage Armement they are an IP here and belive they are building slr104 clones from bulgarian parts kits. I dont personally own one but i looked at the first few builds and they looked solid. Plus they will customize to your liking. Ak pistols are an option as well hopping PM90 and WBP Lynx make it on the handgun registry soon. I beileve someone is released a PM90 with a standard rear tang and welded closed wire folder which would be easy to SBR or throw a M4 adapter on and brace it. And the Lynx has underfolder trunion which reciever could be drilled and use ak operators union m4 adapter to brace it. Unfortuatly its a pay to play situation but at least there are a few options. I like the looks of the AIM 74 atlantic firearms is building as well.

I will definitely look into engage and see what they have going on , thanks. I honestly haven't looked into ak pistols much I'm pretty ignorant on the subject. The aim 74 looks solid definitely wouldn't be my first choice though.

I actually like the thumbhole stock. It is pretty comfortable.

Oh I have no doubt its comfy the wood looks extremely smooth and contoured I just think its an eye sore. Im hunting for more of a classic ak look and that kills it for me. Too bad we can't change the stock.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here's my AK fix. This is a cool little 7.62x39 shooter.

Attachments

• 20180524_221537.jpg
      20180524_221537.jpg
      115.7 KB · Views: 189

raider80

Nov 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I will definitely look into engage and see what they have going on , thanks. I honestly haven't looked into ak pistols much I'm pretty ignorant on the subject. The aim 74 looks solid definitely wouldn't be my first choice though.

Good Luck because if your anything like me your AK itch will turn out like poison ivy and you ended up like a dog with cone around its neck in this state.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Yeah, starts with just a rifle. This video sums it up pretty well

https://youtu.be/-gXj_fAbBBw

At first I thought I had an AK problem but quickly realized I had a mag problem.

Then I had to buy more AKs because I had so many mags. You gotta have wood, and underfolder, and a poly sidefolder at least.

Then I bought more mags.

5.45s were not interesting until my first. Then a 5.56 because why not share ammo with the AR?

This guy gets it.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    At first I thought I had an AK problem but quickly realized I had a mag problem.

Then I had to buy more AKs because I had so many mags. You gotta have wood, and underfolder, and a poly sidefolder at least.

Then I bought more mags.

5.45s were not interesting until my first. Then a 5.56 because why not share ammo with the AR?

This guy gets it.

Sounds like my kind of logic right there

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland

Then I bought more mags.

This guy gets it.

I definetly get the "buy more guns" logic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom