• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkasprz

May 7, 2017
    Annapolis, MD
    I tried to use a punch and hammer to get my old sights off with no luck.
    I just got a Wheeler Engineering Armor's Handgun Sight Tool in the mail and I am in the process of trying to use it. I feel that I am over tightening the adjustment wheel.

The gun is a Beretta 92Fs which i purchased in 1994 and never touched the sights.

Any suggestions in getting the sights off? I tried hitting the pusher block with a hammer as the instructions suggest...

Any help would be appreciated...

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I tried to use a punch and hammer to get my old sights off with no luck.
    I just got a Wheeler Engineering Armor's Handgun Sight Tool in the mail and I am in the process of trying to use it. I feel that I am over tightening the adjustment wheel.

The gun is a Beretta 92Fs which i purchased in 1994 and never touched the sights.

Any suggestions in getting the sights off? I tried hitting the pusher block with a hammer as the instructions suggest...

Any help would be appreciated...

Are you trying to remove them in the right direction? Removal is from right to left, viewed as if you were shooting the gun, and installation is from left to right, same presentation of the gun.

Maybe try some Kroil or other type of penetrating lubricant and give it another try.

jkasprz

May 7, 2017
    Annapolis, MD
    Are you trying to remove them in the right direction? Removal is from right to left, viewed as if you were shooting the gun, and installation is from left to right, same presentation of the gun.

Maybe try some Kroil or other type of penetrating lubricant and give it another try.

Thanks, I used some penetrating oil and that did the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom