• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Shoot 'em

I haven't seen a broken car window in 10 or maybe 15 years. Walking by a car and checking to see if it is unlocked is the standard practice nowadays.

Same with stolen cars, no one attacks the steering column or ignition. With chipped keys it doesn't work. But someone in your neighborhood has their door unlocked and the key to their car or the spouses car in the console.

The best part is when I catch 1 or 2 of these people, I am off of the road for 2 or 3 days dealing with returning property to people and packaging property when I can't.

Now for the "who is doing this". It may surprise you to find it is almost never drug addicts. This is the neighborhood kids. Your kid when they are spending the night at a friends house. These are low level gang members that are pretty organized. They will steal a car, usually a minivan and drive 6 or 8 kids around. They drop 1 or 2 off on each street and wait for them in the other end. They can tear a neighborhood up in no time. Usually they end up stealing a few more cars in the process. This last set of criminals doesn't mind traveling several counties away to do this crap.

Save everyone some trouble and lock your doors.

Just shoot them, and take them over to the guy with the woodchipper and the backhoe.

MULE-JK

Stiff Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Mt. Airy
    And insurance overage. Thefts from unlocked vehicles and homes aren't usually covered by insurance.

^^^^^^This is not true.^^^^^^^

Christmas before last they hit every house on my street. It's a rural street, my house is about 100 yards from the road and the cars parked outside were between my attached garage and my detached garage. Mine was unlocked with nothing of value. My Wife's was unlocked with all of the Christmas gifts she bought, most for families "adopted" by my Wife at her Church. Everything was taken. They hid behind one of my pine trees and rummaged through at least some of it. They discarded a Redskins sweatshirt and a few other things they didn't want. They did break the windows out of every other car on the street, so having the cars unlocked saved that hassle.

On a side note it was obviously Ravens fans. I always knew they were hooligans.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Westminster between Clearfield Bible Church and Reese Fire Hall - folks have come home (typically late, after dark) to find their mail has been rummaged and strewn on the ground.

Also, a neighbor says she forgot to lock her car and found it had been rummaged (console and glove box both left opened by dirtbag). Nothing was taken because as luck would have it, she cleaned it out for detailing service.

Buckeye_Nut

Jun 15, 2017
    Waldorf
    I had a friend in St. Mary's who always said that the only time you have to lock your car there is in August and September. Otherwise you'll it filled with zucchini and tomatoes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom